Oracle to release 115 security patches
Java SE and Fusion Middleware alone will receive nearly 50 fixes in Tuesday's update
IDG News Service - Oracle is planning to release 115 security patches for vulnerabilities affecting a wide array of its products, including its flagship database, Java SE, Fusion Middleware and business applications.
The update includes fixes for 20 weaknesses in Java SE, all of which can be exploited by an attacker remotely, without the need for login credentials, Oracle said in an announcement prior to Tuesday's patch release.
Some 29 fixes are for Oracle's Fusion Middleware suite, with 27 able to be exploited over a network without the need for authentication. Affected middleware components include BI Publisher, GlassFish Server, HTTP Server, JDeveloper, WebCenter Portal and WebLogic Server.
Six other patches are for Oracle's database. Two of the vulnerabilities can be exploited remotely without login credentials.
Another seven patches target Hyperion, one of Oracle's BI (business intelligence) products.
The update also includes fixes for security weaknesses in a range of Oracle applications, including E-Business Suite, Siebel CRM, PeopleSoft, Oracle Retail Applications and Primavera.
Oracle Virtualization will get 15 fixes, eight of which target vulnerabilities that can be exploited over the Internet without login credentials.
Finally, some 10 fixes will ship for MySQL. None of the related vulnerabilities can be attacked remotely without authentication.
Oracle releases patches on a quarterly basis. The last update, in April, delivered 104 fixes.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris' email address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- Warning: Cloud Data at Risk Experts agree that relying on SaaS vendors to backup and restore your data is dangerous. Yet that's exactly what huge portions of the...
- The Opportunities and Challenges of the Cloud In this report F5 poses questions to IDC analysts, Sally Hudson and Phil Hochmuth, on behalf of F5's customers to better understand the...
- Mobile First: Securing Information Sprawl Learn how the partnership between Box and MobileIron can help you execute a "mobile first" strategy that manages and secures both mobile apps...
- The Truth About Cloud Security "Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities. All Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!