How a CIO Navigated the Task of Creating Two Big Companies From One
Robert Logan, CIO of Leidos, discusses how his team balanced the difficult preparations for creating two publicly held companies.
CIO - Many CIOs have wrestled with stitching together an integrated technology platform after a corporate merger. But Robert Logan, CIO of Leidos, faced an altogether different scenario: creating the platforms, data and applications needed for two big companies born from the splitting of an even bigger company. Logan's company was born from SAIC, a major government contractor that bifurcated in August 2013 into Leidos and a smaller SAIC -- a strategic move driven by changes in the federal services marketplace.
In this installment of the IDG Enterprise CIO Interview Series, Logan spoke with Chief Content Officer John Gallant about how SAIC's earlier efforts to build a massive private cloud environment eased the split, as well as how his team balanced the difficult preparations for creating two publicly held companies while at the same time providing services to a multibillion-dollar corporation. He talked about lessons learned and where he's taking IT for Leidos in the future.
Logan is a member of the CIO Executive Council -- IDG's peer-based global community of leading CIOs. For more information on the council, click here.
Already an Insider? Sign in
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
- Building a New Era in Enterprise IT As the digital revolution spawned by the explosive growth of disruptive technologies such as mobile, cloud, social, and analytic tools continues to fundamentally...
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All IT Industry White Papers | Webcasts