How a CIO Navigated the Task of Creating Two Big Companies From One
Robert Logan, CIO of Leidos, discusses how his team balanced the difficult preparations for creating two publicly held companies.
CIO - Many CIOs have wrestled with stitching together an integrated technology platform after a corporate merger. But Robert Logan, CIO of Leidos, faced an altogether different scenario: creating the platforms, data and applications needed for two big companies born from the splitting of an even bigger company. Logan's company was born from SAIC, a major government contractor that bifurcated in August 2013 into Leidos and a smaller SAIC -- a strategic move driven by changes in the federal services marketplace.
In this installment of the IDG Enterprise CIO Interview Series, Logan spoke with Chief Content Officer John Gallant about how SAIC's earlier efforts to build a massive private cloud environment eased the split, as well as how his team balanced the difficult preparations for creating two publicly held companies while at the same time providing services to a multibillion-dollar corporation. He talked about lessons learned and where he's taking IT for Leidos in the future.
Logan is a member of the CIO Executive Council -- IDG's peer-based global community of leading CIOs. For more information on the council, click here.
Already an Insider? Sign in
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
- Who does NSS Labs "Recommend" for NGFW? In 2012, NSS Labs found that most available NGFW solutions "fell short in performance and security effectiveness." In 2013 NSS Labs noted "marked...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer... All IT Industry White Papers | Webcasts