More ads coming on Twitter
Twitter opens its program for mobile app ads to advertisers globally
IDG News Service - You will likely see more ads on your Twitter feed that link to mobile apps in the Apple and Google stores.
After a test period, Twitter said Monday that it was rolling out globally its "mobile app installs" program, which lets companies promote their mobile apps in users' feeds.
Twitter began testing the program with a limited number of advertisers in the U.S. in April -- tests that the company says went well. Participants in that program included mobile ride-hailing service Lyft and games publisher Electronic Arts.
The program lets companies publish links to download mobile apps. These ads are meant to appear like regular posts in users' feeds.
Mobile app ads have become very successful for Facebook, helping to drive the download of roughly 60 percent of the top-grossing apps in Apple's App Store, according to Facebook.
Twitter, for its part, is looking to better monetize its service amid sagging user growth. The company has yet to turn a profit.
Advertisers promoting their mobile apps will be able to leverage those capabilities too, Twitter said.
- Social Media in Technology: A Unified Strategy for Success Find out how social media is sparking a new era of customer and industry-understanding in technology enterprises and how industry leaders are overcoming...
- Improving IT Efficiencies: Four Advantages of Multi-Tenant Data Centers Increasing demands on IT are forcing organizations to rethink their data center options. For many organizations, that means turning to the flexibility afforded...
- Accelerating Cloud Deployment and Operations with Managed Services Companies that do not have sufficient in-house expertise to either deploy or maintain an IaaS cloud should turn to Managed Service Providers .
- Rethinking IT Operations in the Cloud This paper breaks down the challenges that often prevent the cloud from delivering the fast, flexible and affordable infrastructure companies seek - and...
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All Social Media White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!