Oracle targets mobile developers with updated tool set
Mobile Application Framework can work with a variety of development tools and languages
IDG News Service - Oracle is hoping it can attract more developers with MAF (Mobile Application Framework), which aims to simplify the development of cross-platform enterprise apps for smartphones and tablets.
As a result of the growing number of smartphones and tablets employees have, software vendors are increasingly focusing on how to make enterprise applications more mobile friendly. On Monday, Oracle announced updates to its Mobile Suite, which aims to do just that.
The framework also offers more than 80 ready-made user interface components and support for Apache Cordova plug-ins, which can be used across different OSes. Apache Cordova is a set of device interfaces that lets developers access features such cameras or accelerometers.
One of the challenges presented by the growing number of mobile enterprise apps is how to secure them and the data they can access. But Oracle hopes to solve that issue by integrating MAF with its Mobile Security Suite, which comes with features for application containerization, advanced authentication and authorization, and integration with social network log-ins.
The updated Mobile Suite is available now.
This is the second time in less than a week that Oracle has upgraded its products to make life easier for mobile developers. On Thursday, the company launched SOA Suite 12c, with the intent of making it simpler to integrate mobile applications with the software.
SOA Suite 12c is available on Oracle's Technology Network and scheduled for general availability in July.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- Capabilities You Need in an IP Address Management Solution A mismanaged IP space can cripple an otherwise healthy network. Take a moment to understand what you need in an enterprise-ready IPAM solution.
- Optimize IT Performance & Availability: Four Steps to Establish Effective IT Management Baselines More than ever before, your company's ability to grow hinges on IT performance and availability. Download this how-to report on establishing IT baselines,...
- Considerations for Embracing Wireless Monitoring Employee behavior is once again driving major changes for IT departments - this time it's BYOD. This report details three critical steps to...
- Fixing Intermittent Performance Problems Intermittent performance problems are among the most frustrating and time-consuming issues IT administrators face. Read this white paper and learn how technology advances...
- Maximizing Availability for the Modern Data Center Check out this information-packed resource center for help in maximizing the availability of your data center - from overcoming challenges to choosing the...
- IBM Global SaaS Study Video This video introduces the IBM Global SaaS study conducted by the Center for Applied Insights. The study reveals how companies are using Software... All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!