Oracle targets mobile developers with updated tool set
Mobile Application Framework can work with a variety of development tools and languages
IDG News Service - Oracle is hoping it can attract more developers with MAF (Mobile Application Framework), which aims to simplify the development of cross-platform enterprise apps for smartphones and tablets.
As a result of the growing number of smartphones and tablets employees have, software vendors are increasingly focusing on how to make enterprise applications more mobile friendly. On Monday, Oracle announced updates to its Mobile Suite, which aims to do just that.
The framework also offers more than 80 ready-made user interface components and support for Apache Cordova plug-ins, which can be used across different OSes. Apache Cordova is a set of device interfaces that lets developers access features such cameras or accelerometers.
One of the challenges presented by the growing number of mobile enterprise apps is how to secure them and the data they can access. But Oracle hopes to solve that issue by integrating MAF with its Mobile Security Suite, which comes with features for application containerization, advanced authentication and authorization, and integration with social network log-ins.
The updated Mobile Suite is available now.
This is the second time in less than a week that Oracle has upgraded its products to make life easier for mobile developers. On Thursday, the company launched SOA Suite 12c, with the intent of making it simpler to integrate mobile applications with the software.
SOA Suite 12c is available on Oracle's Technology Network and scheduled for general availability in July.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- Workload Change: The 70 Percent of Your Business DevOps Forgot Adding WLA early in the development process ensures that the benefits of DevOps accrue for all applications, including your batch services. This paper...
- Oracle EBS and RAC Performance & Elasticity on Vblock™ Systems VCE Vblock™ Systems provide simple, low-risk solutions for migrating from a physical to virtual environment.
- Backup and Recovery of Oracle EBS on VCE Vblock™ Systems This solution architecture describes the key features and benefits of backup and recovery in the virtualized Oracle EBS on Vblock Systems with EMC...
- Zero Downtime Migration for Oracle EBS R12 with RAC on Vblock™ Systems The validation testing of a typical customer configuration outlined in this white paper, utilizes a virtualized Oracle EBS environment. The results illustrate that...
- Building Tomorrow's Data Center with Converged Technologies A number of forces are converging: the cloud, converged infrastructure, big data and fabric architectures to name a few.
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities. All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!