Microsoft releases a browser just for developers
The Internet Explorer Developer Channel will offer an early glimpse into the next version of IE
IDG News Service - Developers can try out new features of the next version of Internet Explorer using a test edition Microsoft has released for their use.
The Internet Explorer Developer Channel, which can be downloaded for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 SP1, runs independently of the user's copy of IE, allowing programmers to test the newest browser features without disrupting their current browser setup.
The Internet Explorer Developer Channel will offer an early version of IE while it is still being worked on by Microsoft programmers. Developers can preview features planned for the upcoming editions of the browser to help them better build Web applications and pages that use the new capabilities.
Microsoft also hopes that developers will offer feedback, so the company can better implement the pending features.
The developer version offers a sandbox-like testing environment so it does not interfere with the user's IE browser profile. The browser does not run as quickly as the standard edition of IE and because it is a beta version, should not be used in production environments.
With the test version, Microsoft is replicating the fast development environments used by other browser makers.
Microsoft plans to issue frequent updates to the test version of IE, announcing them through the DevChannel.Modern.IE developer resource site.
Microsoft's browser also comes with F12 Developer Tools, designed to help debug and optimize Web pages and Web applications.
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- Adobe Creative Cloud FAQ The following are answers to common questions about Adobe® Creative Cloud™ for teams membership, purchasing, security, and storage.
- What's coming to Adobe Creative Cloud Editing and video content creation workflows are about to get easier and more exciting, with major updates coming soon to Creative Cloud, bringing...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer... All App Development White Papers | Webcasts