Tip of the Hat: The state of Oracle's hardware business
The neglected business unit is growing again; Investors Business Daily's Pete Barlas provides a look at the numbers
Computerworld - Except for a brief period after buying server maker Sun Microsystems five years ago, Oracle's hardware business has been largely overlooked.
The long struggling -- and declining -- business recorded it's first-ever year-over-year quarterly increase when hardware sales grew by 8% in the third quarter ended Feb. 28.
If it continues, hardware success could help the company in its plan to sell servers running Oracle business and database software, which analysts say is a significant potential market.
Computerworld offers a Tip of the Hat to Investors Business Daily reporter Pete Barlas for a comprehensive look at the state of the long-invisible business, and why it could continue on its current growth path.
The story, Oracle Hardware Business Seen Finally Turning Corner, looks at which products are contributing to the growth, and where the company stands in the market. Barlas also provides insight on where Oracle's future hardware revenue growth will likely come from.
Read more about Hardware in Computerworld's Hardware Topic Center.
- A Reference Architecture for the Internet of Things The aim of this is to provide Architects and Developers of IoT projects with an effective starting point that covers the major requirements...
- How to Reduce Hardware & Infrastructure Costs Through Data In this paper, we take a look at how organizations are revisiting their network and server architecture in a bid to address the...
- Software Build Acceleration, Analytics and Build Clouds Discover how to dramatically speed up software builds by automatically distributing build jobs over scalable resource clouds and multi-core desktops, with potential savings...
- Printer Installer: Eliminating Print Servers Printer Installer is an on-premise web application that enables you to centrally manage and deploy Windows shared or direct iP printers.
- IBM FlashSystem V840: Leveraging Software-Defined Flash to Drive Your Business With end-to-end, tightly integrated functionality and super-fast flash technology, products like IBM FlashSystem V840 Enterprise Performance Solution empower businesses to leverage the efficiency...
- Leveraging Flash Storage to Accelerate Oracle Real Application Clusters Join this webinar to understand the latest solid-state storage trends, the specific applications driving solid-state storage deployments and the benefits of deploying the... All Hardware White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!