Tip of the Hat: The state of Oracle's hardware business
The neglected business unit is growing again; Investors Business Daily's Pete Barlas provides a look at the numbers
Computerworld - Except for a brief period after buying server maker Sun Microsystems five years ago, Oracle's hardware business has been largely overlooked.
The long struggling -- and declining -- business recorded it's first-ever year-over-year quarterly increase when hardware sales grew by 8% in the third quarter ended Feb. 28.
If it continues, hardware success could help the company in its plan to sell servers running Oracle business and database software, which analysts say is a significant potential market.
Computerworld offers a Tip of the Hat to Investors Business Daily reporter Pete Barlas for a comprehensive look at the state of the long-invisible business, and why it could continue on its current growth path.
The story, Oracle Hardware Business Seen Finally Turning Corner, looks at which products are contributing to the growth, and where the company stands in the market. Barlas also provides insight on where Oracle's future hardware revenue growth will likely come from.
Read more about Hardware in Computerworld's Hardware Topic Center.
- An Insightful Approach to Optimizing Mainframe MLC Spend This paper discusses how you can penetrate the complexity of IBM mainframe MLC products and the MLC price model to gain insight into...
- Meeting the Exploding Demand for New IT Services In this eBook, explore the top trends driving the New IT for IT Service Management, and how leading organizations are evolving to focus...
- Hybrid IT-A Low-Risk Path from On-Premise to ITaaS This white paper provides a strategy to move part or all of your ITSM suite to the cloud as a stepping stone to...
- Paving the Windows XP Migration Path to Success Support for Windows XP has ended, leaving organizations with three choices: Windows 8, Windows 7 or a combination. With the right planning and...
- Increase Your Data Center IQ Discover how to improve network efficiency, lower IT costs and more proactively manage your physical, virtual and cloud environments.
- Optimize Data Center Resources and Plan for the Future Eliminate over-provisioning and capacity shortfalls with pro-active capacity optimization. Join us in the evolution from capacity monitoring to capacity optimization in your data... All Hardware White Papers | Webcasts