CIO - Many executives admit that their C-suite hesitates to make the bold decisions required to capitalize on the opportunities and solve the challenges presented by a digital business environment, according to more than 400 executives surveyed by the CIO Executive Council.
Only 14 percent of respondents were highly satisfied with the C-suite's efforts to shape digital strategy and its decision-making record on digital opportunities, which usually involve social, mobile, analytics and cloud technologies. Nearly half were dissatisfied.
What's wrong in the C-suite? Many C-level executives make decisions about digital business in silos, rather than in collaboration with their peers, according to the Council, which is affiliated with CIO magazine. But multiple studies show that, when pursuing a digital strategy, a collaborative C-suite produces greater business benefits.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
The Future of IT: From Chaos to Service Automation
Learn how innovative CIOs are automating IT services and:
* Delivering business solutions, including cloud services and app development on one SaaS platform...
What Does Friction Between Business and IT Cost your Organization?
See what 900 business and IT professionals had to say and get recommendations for change.
- Making the Move to a Cloud-Based IT Service Management (ITSM) Platform Today's mature cloud-based ITSM solutions can give you the flexibility and agility you need-without sacrificing security, stability or performance.
- A Practical Guide to Understand and Benefit from the Consumerization of IT This guide explores the realities of IT Consumerization to define challenges and opportunities. Learn best practices and get actionable recommendations.
- Live Webcast 5 Steps to Assuring Quality of Experience In order to align monitoring and management practices with the true demands of the business, IT professionals must expand beyond traditional comfort zones...
- 5 Steps to Assuring Quality of Experience In order to align monitoring and management practices with the true demands of the business, IT professionals must expand beyond traditional comfort zones...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success! All IT Leadership White Papers | Webcasts