CIO - Many executives admit that their C-suite hesitates to make the bold decisions required to capitalize on the opportunities and solve the challenges presented by a digital business environment, according to more than 400 executives surveyed by the CIO Executive Council.
Only 14 percent of respondents were highly satisfied with the C-suite's efforts to shape digital strategy and its decision-making record on digital opportunities, which usually involve social, mobile, analytics and cloud technologies. Nearly half were dissatisfied.
What's wrong in the C-suite? Many C-level executives make decisions about digital business in silos, rather than in collaboration with their peers, according to the Council, which is affiliated with CIO magazine. But multiple studies show that, when pursuing a digital strategy, a collaborative C-suite produces greater business benefits.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- The Social Business: Unlocking the collective knowledge of people Five years ago, IBM observed the planet was becoming instrumented, interconnected and intelligent. 20,000 engagements later, here's what we know and believe about...
- Market Overview: Digital Customer Experience Delivery Platforms Forrester states that businesses today struggle to understand and use the tools necessary to create and manage unified, multichannel digital customer experiences across...
- Enabling Unified Service Delivery Management With the nGeniusONE Platform Today's IT organizations manage diverse business services comprising a host of applications running on many server farms within the data center.
- Transform Your Data Center from Basic to Strategic by Increasing Operational Efficiency and Optimizing Intelligence Find out how data center and facilities management are able to use DCIM solutions and a pioneering "zone" approach to bridge the information...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Zoning in on Energy and Physical Infrastructure Management In this Webcast you will learn how to develop and execute a strategy to optimize the energy efficiency of your data center. All IT Leadership White Papers | Webcasts