Tech pros need to learn the art of brevity
CIO - Joe McCormack has a simple message: Be clear and concise if you want people to listen.
"Brevity is an essential skill to stand out," says McCormack, founder and managing director of Sheffield Company, an agency focused on narrative messaging and visual storytelling. McCormack promotes that concept in a new book, Brief: Making a Bigger Impact by Saying Less, inspired by his work with clients such as the Army Special Operations Command.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- The New IT Explore enhanced productivity for IT staff, and seamless integration across IT operation management systems. Download now.
- Securing Mobile App Data - Comparing Containers and App Wrappers Analysts agree that Mobile Device Management (MDM) is not enough when it comes to securing app data. Although it remains a critical component...
- Capabilities You Need in an IP Address Management Solution A mismanaged IP space can cripple an otherwise healthy network. Take a moment to understand what you need in an enterprise-ready IPAM solution.
- IPv6 Fundamentals IPv6 is needed to sustain the growth of the Internet. The transition from IPv4 will require planning and likely some degree of support...
- Bringing software licenses into compliance A hospital group received a software license audit, so they called in CDW to help define and manage their software licensing status.
- Accelerate your innovation with IBM Bluemix™ Join us for a webcast introducing the new IBM BluemixTM. IBM Bluemix (www.bluemix.net) is a developer oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, see how your salary stacks up to peers' with our Smart Salary Tool.