SAP unveils plan for 'simple' cloud financial app suite
Simple Finance will be powered by SAP's Hana Enterprise Cloud service
IDG News Service - SAP is taking a big step into SaaS with Simple Finance, a set of applications based on its in-memory Hana Enterprise Cloud platform.
The software will encompass a full range of finance functions, including planning, analysis, accounting, financial operations and consolidation, SAP said.
In-memory computing will enable the application to run processes such as a month-end close in real time, rather than batch jobs, according to SAP. It will also provide self-service reporting and analytics for finance workers, predictive analytics for financial scenarios, and real-time connections to business networks such as SAP's own Ariba service.
Simple Finance will be available via subscription. It can be linked to other SaaS (software-as-a-service) applications as well as on-premises deployments, SAP said.
SAP customers can migrate their current finance environments to Simple Finance as well, according to SAP.
Simple Finance will be launched for 25 industries and in more than 50 countries, SAP said. No general availability date was provided, although the wait may not be long given that SAP is likely reusing a great deal of the code already written for its on-premises finance software.
More details of Simple Finance, which will be offered as a managed service, are expected to be revealed this week at its Sapphire conference, which runs through Thursday in Orlando.
The application's title reflects a theme newly anointed sole CEO Bill McDermott sounded repeatedly during a keynote address Tuesday.
"The most intractable CEO issue of our time is complexity," McDermott said. "It's getting worse and worse. We see a dream for a simpler SAP, and a simpler customer experience."
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris' email address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- 5 Customers Deliver Virtual Desktops and Apps to Empower a Modern Workforce Learn how Citrix solutions helped 5 companies realize the full value of desktop virtualization through a project-by-project approach based on key business priorities.
- Mitigate Risk and Accelerate Time to Value Download this white paper to learn how your IT organization can accelerate business, introduce new services, and reach new markets, all while staying...
- Allay Risks in Application Rationalization and Modernization IT has to do it all: react quickly to market needs, introduce new services, capitalize on mobile, and comply with regulatory requirements, all...
- Delivering Application Data On-Demand Packaged app dev teams frequently operate with limited testing environments due to various constraints. By virtualizing the entire application stack, Delphix-powered teams can...
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities. All Applications White Papers | Webcasts