Enterprise search brings together structured and unstructured customer data
CIO - UBS had a problem: Customers -- banks, insurance companies, hedge funds and pension funds--had to navigate a series of siloed computer systems to access investment information and transaction capabilities whenever they wanted to do research, make trades or redistribute their money. Time and frustrations added up.
"We had over 90 different client access points. It was inefficient for our clients and expensive for us to operate," says Hishaam Caramanli, managing director and global head of securities e-commerce at the $31 billion global financial services company.
UBS envisioned a system that would let clients and employees find information and perform transactions from a single starting point. Rather than collecting and cleansing data from many existing systems to put in a data warehouse -- a common approach -- UBS built a platform called Neo that, behind the scenes, uses enterprise search capabilities to find what users want. The platform is built on Attivio's Active Intelligence Engine, software that indexes, searches and packages data of all sorts.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- The Shortfall of Network Load Balancing Applications running across networks encounter a wide range of performance, security, and availability challenges as IT department strive to deliver fast, secure access...
- Leave No App Behind with Software Defined Application Services F5 Software Defined Application Services (SDAS) is the next-generation model for delivering application services that enables service injection, consumption, automation, and orchestration across...
- The ADC's Role in the New Network Infrastructure Cloud computing and the BYOD trend will impact the design of future datacenters and their supporting networks. As these trends continue, application delivery...
- Three Key Principles to Accelerating Web Applications Read this article to learn more about the essential principles driving web application acceleration technologies today.
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts