3 ways to manage corporate digitization
CIO - Today's CIOs need to figure out how to handle the total digitization of their enterprises. We are already seeing companies in which digitization spending is over 25 percent of the operating budget, and we expect that this will become common. At the MIT Center for Information Systems Research, we have done 10 case studies and a survey to understand best practices.
So far, the landscape of enterprise digitization is diverse in both management processes and spending. In a survey of over 2,012 CIOs, we found that only 39 percent of enterprise-wide investment in digitization shows up in the IT budget.
The remaining expenditures are spread throughout the enterprise--often creating six or seven islands of digitization. Typical islands include production and operations, engineering, R&D labs, knowledge work, digital products, and customer interaction, including social media, mobility and websites.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
The Future of IT: From Chaos to Service Automation
Learn how innovative CIOs are automating IT services and:
* Delivering business solutions, including cloud services and app development on one SaaS platform...
What Does Friction Between Business and IT Cost your Organization?
See what 900 business and IT professionals had to say and get recommendations for change.
- Making the Move to a Cloud-Based IT Service Management (ITSM) Platform Today's mature cloud-based ITSM solutions can give you the flexibility and agility you need-without sacrificing security, stability or performance.
- A Practical Guide to Understand and Benefit from the Consumerization of IT This guide explores the realities of IT Consumerization to define challenges and opportunities. Learn best practices and get actionable recommendations.
- Live Webcast 5 Steps to Assuring Quality of Experience In order to align monitoring and management practices with the true demands of the business, IT professionals must expand beyond traditional comfort zones...
- 5 Steps to Assuring Quality of Experience In order to align monitoring and management practices with the true demands of the business, IT professionals must expand beyond traditional comfort zones...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success! All IT Leadership White Papers | Webcasts