3 reasons why IT execs need to go out to lunch more
Network World - In the last couple of years, social, mobile, analytics and cloud technologies have risen to the top of many organizations' agendas. IDC calls the combination of these technologies "the third platform" and predicts they will account for 89% of technology spending this year.
However, strong enterprise interest does not guarantee that IT will be a key player in business strategies that hinge on the use of these technologies. Other heads of business functions with a capital C in their titles are jockeying for a prime role in these strategic technology initiatives, including chief marketing officers, chief analytics officers, chief data officers, chief digital officers and chief customer officers. In some cases, CIOs aren't even aware that their company has a dedicated analytics group or has hired someone to lead the digital strategy, and in others, the CMO, CAO, CDO or other C-suite title sees IT as a bottleneck, not an enabler.
Already an Insider? Sign in
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
The Future of IT: From Chaos to Service Automation
Learn how innovative CIOs are automating IT services and:
* Delivering business solutions, including cloud services and app development on one SaaS platform...
What Does Friction Between Business and IT Cost your Organization?
See what 900 business and IT professionals had to say and get recommendations for change.
- Making the Move to a Cloud-Based IT Service Management (ITSM) Platform Today's mature cloud-based ITSM solutions can give you the flexibility and agility you need-without sacrificing security, stability or performance.
- A Practical Guide to Understand and Benefit from the Consumerization of IT This guide explores the realities of IT Consumerization to define challenges and opportunities. Learn best practices and get actionable recommendations.
- Live Webcast 5 Steps to Assuring Quality of Experience In order to align monitoring and management practices with the true demands of the business, IT professionals must expand beyond traditional comfort zones...
- 5 Steps to Assuring Quality of Experience In order to align monitoring and management practices with the true demands of the business, IT professionals must expand beyond traditional comfort zones...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success! All IT Leadership White Papers | Webcasts