Apple to buy Beats for $3 billion
The deal had been rumored for some time
IDG News Service - Apple confirmed its long-rumored acquisition of Beats Music and Beats Electronics, saying it will pay $3 billion for the companies.
Beats Music operates a music streaming service and Beats Electronics makes headphones, speakers and audio software. Apple will pay $2.6 billion upfront and approximately $400 million that will vest over time.
As part of the deal, Beats co-founders Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre will join Apple.
Apple expects the deal to close in its fiscal fourth quarter.
(More to come.)
Oracle Software Licensing: The Value of Resellers
NEW white paper explores real-world insights and:
* The Rise of Audits
* Compliance Spend
* SAM and Compliance
* Working Directly with a...
- ACM Leadership Guide Knowledge worker effectiveness has emerged as a top priority to both optimize the customer experience and help employees work more efficiently. See how...
- The Cloud BI that IT and Developers Demand Jaspersoft for AWS allows developers and IT professionals to easily and affordably build business intelligence solutions as well as embed visualizations and analytics...
- AWS and Jaspersoft Disrupt BI TIBCO Jaspersoft for AWS and Amazon Redshift disrupt business intelligence with cost-effective analytics in the cloud. Available by the hour in a pay-as-you-go...
- Cloud BI in Action: Recorded Webinar of Customer, Kony, Inc. See how Kony, Inc., a leading enterprise mobility company, is using TIBCO Jaspersoft for Amazon Web Services and Redshift to achieve embedded analytics...
- Cloud BI Overview: Jaspersoft for AWS Check out this overview of Jaspersoft for AWS, to easily and affordably build business intelligence solutions as well as embed visualizations and analytics... All Personal Technology White Papers | Webcasts