CIO - There are two types of people at a startup technology vendor -- the promise-makers and the promise-keepers.
Chris Laping has little appetite for the cold-calling salespeople who fall into the first category. Yet as senior vice president of business transformation and CIO for Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, he's hungry for the next source of advantage in a hyper-competitive industry -- whether it's a menu change, a new market or an emerging technology.
When Laping got the opportunity to meet with well-known venture capital firms and the CEOs of their portfolio companies -- the promise-keepers -- he leapt at it. "As a CIO, I want to pull back the curtain and understand what innovations they can bring to our business," he says.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- 5 Customers Deliver Virtual Desktops and Apps to Empower a Modern Workforce Learn how Citrix solutions helped 5 companies realize the full value of desktop virtualization through a project-by-project approach based on key business priorities.
- Top 10 Reasons to Strengthen Information Security with Desktop Virtualization Regain control and reduce risk without sacrificing business productivity and growth
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Client Virtualization Software 2013 Vendor Assessment IDC has placed Citrix in the 2013 IDC MarketScape Leaders Category once again noting that, "Citrix's position reflects the company's market leadership and...
- Infographic: Top Use Cases for Desktop Virtualization A wide range of business issues is driving IT toward desktop virtualization. One solution-Citrix XenDesktop with FlexCast technology-helps IT teams empower their entire...
- What Does it Take to Deliver a Superior Customer Experience? The Two Top-Rated Online Retailers, B&H Photo and Crutchfield Electronics, Share Their Secrets Discuss practical CX tools and service methods such as contact center agents and the use of realtime speech analytics to help contact center...
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, see how your salary stacks up to peers' with our Smart Salary Tool.