Lenovo is now taking orders for its first 4K monitor
Lenovo's ThinkVision Pro2840m is priced at $799
IDG News Service - Lenovo is taking orders for its first 4K monitor, the ThinkVision Pro2840m, but it's pricey at $799.
The 28-inch monitor, which was delayed, is available on Lenovo's website, but it won't ship for another five weeks.
Video with 4K resolution displays images at 3840 x 2160 pixels, which is four times that of current 1080p high-definition monitors or TV. TVs and cameras with 4K resolution are already available and some 4K monitors have fallen to $699 as more models hit the market. A few 4K monitors are available from Samsung, Sharp and Dell.
The ThinkVision Pro2840m was due to ship in April, but Lenovo had problems acquiring 4K panels. The company delayed adding a 4K screen on its IdeaPad Y50 and Y40 laptops, which will now be available in July. Lenovo has also announced an Android-based ThinkVision 28 all-in-one with a 4K display, which has already been delayed.
The Pro2840m has HDMI, DisplayPort and mini-DisplayPort connections. It has speakers on the side and USB ports to attach external peripherals. Lenovo did not share information about the refresh rate, which is an important measure in reducing flickering. Some recent low-cost 4K monitors have shipped with a refresh rate of 30Hz on HDMI ports, which is not considered adequate for high-end gaming.
Lenovo's monitor has a TN (twisted nematic) panel, while many advanced users opt for an IPS (in-plane switching) panel for more vivid images and better viewing angles.
- Big Data, Big Mess: Sound Risk Intelligence Through Complete Context This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- Using Cyber Insurance and Cybercrime Data to Limit Your Business Risk This paper examines the challenges of understanding cyber risks, the importance of having the right cyber risk intelligence, and how to use this...
- 5 Tips to Secure Small Business Backdoors in the Enterprise Supply Chain This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- Confront consumerization with convergence Virtualization expert Elias Khnaser spotlights the security, compliance, and governance issues that arise when enterprise users "consumerize" with shadow IT and public cloud...
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All Computer Peripherals White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!