CSO - The Fuss About Dark Wallet
To borrow from Shakespeare, there has been much ado about something called Dark Wallet, a new digital wallet that extends the anonymity of people conducting Bitcoin transactions.
"Dark Wallet is specifically designed to add layers of obfuscation, encryption, and complexity to Bitcoin transactions," says John Linkous, Security Research Fellow, EiQ Networks.
Dark Wallet relies on the existing Bitcoin network and system objects, explains Linkous, injecting encryption and obfuscation into the system without breaking the underlying Bitcoin infrastructure.
Already an Insider? Sign in
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Big Data, Big Mess: Sound Risk Intelligence Through Complete Context This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- Using Cyber Insurance and Cybercrime Data to Limit Your Business Risk This paper examines the challenges of understanding cyber risks, the importance of having the right cyber risk intelligence, and how to use this...
- Top 3 Myths about Big Data Security : Debunking common misconceptions about big data security Big data represents massive business possibilities and competitive advantage for organizations that are able to harness and use that information. But how are...
- A More Predictable Way to Budget Software Costs Wavetronix enables creative collaboration while cost-effectively accessing all the latest tools with Adobe Creative Cloud for teams. For Wavetronix, collaboration was easy when...
- Live Webcast Security Vulnerabilities Associated With Having Local Administrator Privileges Viewfinity will demonstrate how removing admin rights and granularly managing privileges at the application level reduces the attack surface.
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope...
- Security Vulnerabilities Associated With Having Local Administrator Privileges Viewfinity will demonstrate how removing admin rights and granularly managing privileges at the application level reduces the attack surface. All Data Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!