CSO - The Fuss About Dark Wallet
To borrow from Shakespeare, there has been much ado about something called Dark Wallet, a new digital wallet that extends the anonymity of people conducting Bitcoin transactions.
"Dark Wallet is specifically designed to add layers of obfuscation, encryption, and complexity to Bitcoin transactions," says John Linkous, Security Research Fellow, EiQ Networks.
Dark Wallet relies on the existing Bitcoin network and system objects, explains Linkous, injecting encryption and obfuscation into the system without breaking the underlying Bitcoin infrastructure.
Already an Insider? Sign in
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Big Data, Big Mess: Sound Risk Intelligence Through Complete Context This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- Getting Real About Management and "Big Data" It's an exciting yet daunting time to be a security professional. Security threats are becoming more aggressive and voracious. Governments and industry bodies...
- The Big Data Security Analytics Era Is Here Security management must be based upon continuous monitoring and data analysis for situational awareness and data-driven security decisions. Organizations have entered the era...
- Transforming Information Security: Future-Proofing Processes This report provides a valuable set of recommendations from 19 of the world'd leading security officers to help organizations build security strategies for...
- Business-driven Data Protection Setting up data protection infrastructures with your organizations' core mission or business in mind is key. In this webinar, the Arcserve team will...
- Establish Cyber Resiliency: Developing a Continuous Response Architecture Many enterprises fail to proactively prepare the battlefield for a data breach by only leveraging outdated techniques that focus on the perimeter or... All Data Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!