CSO - The Fuss About Dark Wallet
To borrow from Shakespeare, there has been much ado about something called Dark Wallet, a new digital wallet that extends the anonymity of people conducting Bitcoin transactions.
"Dark Wallet is specifically designed to add layers of obfuscation, encryption, and complexity to Bitcoin transactions," says John Linkous, Security Research Fellow, EiQ Networks.
Dark Wallet relies on the existing Bitcoin network and system objects, explains Linkous, injecting encryption and obfuscation into the system without breaking the underlying Bitcoin infrastructure.
Already an Insider? Sign in
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- A More Predictable Way to Budget Software Costs Wavetronix enables creative collaboration while cost-effectively accessing all the latest tools with Adobe Creative Cloud for teams. For Wavetronix, collaboration was easy when...
- Adobe Creative Cloud for teams Security Overview This white paper describes the proactive approach and procedures implemented by Adobe to increase the security of your Creative Cloud experience and your...
- 3 Big Data Security Analytics Techniques You Can Apply Now to Catch Advanced Persistent Threats This technical white paper demonstrates how to use Big Data security analytics techniques to detect advanced persistent threat (APT) cyber attacks, and it...
- IT Security by the Numbers: Calculating the Total Cost of Protection Humorist Franklin P. Jones may have said it best: "When you get something for nothing, you just haven't been billed for it yet."...
- Live Webcast Security Vulnerabilities Associated With Having Local Administrator Privileges Viewfinity will demonstrate how removing admin rights and granularly managing privileges at the application level reduces the attack surface.
- Security Vulnerabilities Associated With Having Local Administrator Privileges Viewfinity will demonstrate how removing admin rights and granularly managing privileges at the application level reduces the attack surface.
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success! All Data Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!