CSO - The Fuss About Dark Wallet
To borrow from Shakespeare, there has been much ado about something called Dark Wallet, a new digital wallet that extends the anonymity of people conducting Bitcoin transactions.
"Dark Wallet is specifically designed to add layers of obfuscation, encryption, and complexity to Bitcoin transactions," says John Linkous, Security Research Fellow, EiQ Networks.
Dark Wallet relies on the existing Bitcoin network and system objects, explains Linkous, injecting encryption and obfuscation into the system without breaking the underlying Bitcoin infrastructure.
Already an Insider? Sign in
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Step Out of the Bull's-Eye Learn about the evolution of targeted attacks, the latest in security intelligence, and strategic steps to keep your business safe.
- Do More With Less: How CARFAX Consolidated Their Security Solutions Through a consolidated F5 solution, CARFAX cut site downtime to zero, secures its data, and deployed a high-performance infrastructure to support its rapid...
- F5 Data Center Firewall Aces Performance Test F5's BIG-IP 10200v with Advanced Firewall Manager (AFM) can handle traffic at 80-Gbps rates while screening and protecting tens of millions of connections...
- Big Data, Big Mess: Sound Risk Intelligence Through Complete Context This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- Live Webcast Security Vulnerabilities Associated With Having Local Administrator Privileges Viewfinity will demonstrate how removing admin rights and granularly managing privileges at the application level reduces the attack surface.
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All Data Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!