SAP to buy SeeWhy for targeted marketing tech
The deal will give SAP real-time targeting capabilities
IDG News Service - SAP is scooping up SeeWhy, maker of real-time targeted marketing software, in a bid to flesh out the omni-channel commerce platform it gained through last year's acquisition of Hybris.
SeeWhy's technology includes CORE, an in-memory calculation engine that crunches click-stream data from e-commerce sites, analyzing "everything from a first visit to a purchase in real time to trigger the next best action for that unique customer at that moment in time," the company said in a blog post Tuesday
"There are no batches of data," the blog said. "There are no segments. 1-to-1 marketing campaigns are driven by the behavior of individual visitors, and the real time context of what the shopper is doing, right now."
SeeWhy's technology is integrated with more than 30 advertising networks, email services, social networks and other providers, providing the means to conduct marketing campaigns across multiple channels. It is based in Boston and has more than 4,000 customers.
Financial terms of the deal, which is expected to close in the second quarter, were not disclosed.
The SeeWhy deal is just the latest in a wave of consolidation as SAP, Oracle, IBM, Salesforce.com and Adobe rush to build out marketing software suites.
In February, Oracle bought BlueKai, which offers a targeted marketing platform that aggregates customer profile data from more than 200 providers. That purchase built upon Oracle's acquisitions of Eloqua and Responsys.
SAP in contrast has chosen to partner with Adobe for some aspects of its marketing software strategy, announcing an agreement in March.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris' email address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- Reducing Expenses Starts with the Programming Skills of Operations Groups Reducing expenses can start with the programming skills of operations groups. Read this article to learn how to improve the bottom line, and...
- Big Data, Big Mess: Sound Risk Intelligence Through Complete Context This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- CIOs strive to harness Big Data while keeping an eye on the bottom line Read this whitepaper to learn how Red Hat Storage Server allows CIOs to confidently support business growth, manage cost and risk, capitalize on...
- Enterprise architects challenged to manage data explosion Read this whitepaper to find out how Red Hat Storage Server can allow enterprises to quickly and confidently deliver business applications that minimize...
- Live Webcast Charting Your Analytical Future - "Making predictive analytics part of your business processes" Webinar This session will show how predictive analytics can be used throughout the organization by anyone looking for answers and how organizations can make...
- Charting Your Analytical Future - "Making predictive analytics part of your business processes" Webinar This session will show how predictive analytics can be used throughout the organization by anyone looking for answers and how organizations can make...
- Capturing Data in Motion: Delivering Real-Time Insight from Data Streams This webcast will help organizations of all types and sizes learn about a technology and business strategy for tapping into the wealth of... All Business Intelligence/Analytics White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!