Resume Makeover: How to Emphasize Your Career Highlights
CIO - Ryan Jones (not his real name) had invested a great deal of time developing two separate resumes -- one to cover his experience supporting broadcast systems and another for his time in IT operations. But while both resumes included an incredible amount of detail, neither one adequately focused on the next step in his career, says Laura Smith-Proulx, certified professional resume writer and career management coach with An Expert Resume.
"From my first glance, I could tell that Ryan had worked hard to incorporate a lot of detail in his resume. It was obvious that he'd worked in some fast-paced environments requiring him to support both IT operations and broadcast systems, while delivering major projects," she says.
However, the lack of an overall focus, and the use of mostly single-line bullets made Jones' resume difficult to read and even harder to decipher which efforts were the most important in his career, Smith-Proulx says.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All IT Industry White Papers | Webcasts