Microsoft's Patch Tuesday gives XP attackers a roadmap
SharePoint users should review the third critical vulnerability, MS14-022, which would allow an attacker to update a file with malicious code to a SharePoint site.
In addition to the Microsoft patches, administrators should also look at the patches Adobe issued Tuesday for the Adobe Reader, Flash and Illustrator products, Kandek said. The Flash and Reader vulnerabilities, in particular, should be addressed as soon as possible. Like Microsoft, Adobe no longer issues patches for versions of its software that run on Windows XP.
Windows XP lives
- XPocalypse, not now
- Windows XP hack resurrects patches for retired OS
- Bug bounty program outs 7-month-old IE zero-day
- CA Technologies releases free XP migration tool
- Windows XP's U.S. farewell tour to last most of '14
- Microsoft sticks to vow, leaves XP exposed to ongoing attacks
- Microsoft's Patch Tuesday gives XP attackers a roadmap
- Microsoft: We're serious this time; XP's dead to us
- Windows XP die-hards can slash attack risk by dumping IE
- Hackers now crave patches, and Microsoft's giving them just what they want
- Fight Malware, Malfeasance and Malingering Every year brings more extreme sets of threats than the last. The good news is that there are a range of mitigation options....
- Comprehensive Advanced Threat Defense The hot topic in the information security industry these days is "Advanced Threat Defense" (ATD). This paper describes a comprehensive, network-based approach to...
- Advanced Threat Defense: A Comprehensive Approach In this interview, Peter George, president, General Dynamics Fidelis Cybersecurity Solutions, explains why we need more than anti-malware, and what constitutes a comprehensive...
- Who's Spying on You? You're aware of the threats of malware to your business but what about the ever-changing ground rules? Cybercriminals today are launching attacks against...
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All Malware and Vulnerabilities White Papers | Webcasts