Microsoft's Patch Tuesday gives XP attackers a roadmap
SharePoint users should review the third critical vulnerability, MS14-022, which would allow an attacker to update a file with malicious code to a SharePoint site.
In addition to the Microsoft patches, administrators should also look at the patches Adobe issued Tuesday for the Adobe Reader, Flash and Illustrator products, Kandek said. The Flash and Reader vulnerabilities, in particular, should be addressed as soon as possible. Like Microsoft, Adobe no longer issues patches for versions of its software that run on Windows XP.
Windows XP lives
- XPocalypse, not now
- Windows XP hack resurrects patches for retired OS
- Bug bounty program outs 7-month-old IE zero-day
- CA Technologies releases free XP migration tool
- Windows XP's U.S. farewell tour to last most of '14
- Microsoft sticks to vow, leaves XP exposed to ongoing attacks
- Microsoft's Patch Tuesday gives XP attackers a roadmap
- Microsoft: We're serious this time; XP's dead to us
- Windows XP die-hards can slash attack risk by dumping IE
- Hackers now crave patches, and Microsoft's giving them just what they want
- Comprehensive Advanced Threat Defense The hot topic in the information security industry these days is "Advanced Threat Defense" (ATD). This paper describes a comprehensive, network-based approach to...
- Advanced Threat Defense: A Comprehensive Approach In this interview, Peter George, president, General Dynamics Fidelis Cybersecurity Solutions, explains why we need more than anti-malware, and what constitutes a comprehensive...
- Who's Spying on You? You're aware of the threats of malware to your business but what about the ever-changing ground rules? Cybercriminals today are launching attacks against...
- Enable secure remote access to 3D data without sacrificing visual perfomance Design and manufacturing companies must adapt quickly to the demands of an increasingly global and competitive economy. To speed time to market for...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer... All Malware and Vulnerabilities White Papers | Webcasts