Microsoft Azure tools aim to ease hybrid cloud management
Microsoft is also extending its antimalware services to Azure as well.
A new service, Microsoft Antimalware for Azure, now available in preview, is designed to protect virtual machines and cloud services from attack. The company is also integrating Symantec and Trend Micro antivirus technology into Azure virtual machines.
Also on the security front, Microsoft will start in July to encrypt every file stored in the SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business Office 365 services with a unique key, in an effort to prevent unauthorized users from viewing these files.
Office 365 E3 enterprise customers will also have the option of using a data loss prevention service, now available in Microsoft Exchange, that can restrict who can see content based on predefined policies.
On the mobile front, Microsoft is extending its Enterprise Mobility Suite, announced in March. Microsoft is offering Intune, a management tool for small and mid-size businesses, to provide a way for administrators to manage iOS and Android line-of-business apps.
"We want to enable organizations to make their users productive on the devices they love, while keeping the company secure," Anderson said.
The company unveiled, in preview mode, Microsoft Azure RemoteApp, which allows Windows applications to be accessed by a range of non-Microsoft devices.
Microsoft also released a preview of the next version of the ASP.NET, a runtime environment for Web applications based on the Microsoft .Net framework. The company is also open sourcing a version of .Net, called vNext, which will be managed by the .Net Foundation.
- Warning: Cloud Data at Risk Experts agree that relying on SaaS vendors to backup and restore your data is dangerous. Yet that's exactly what huge portions of the...
- The Opportunities and Challenges of the Cloud In this report F5 poses questions to IDC analysts, Sally Hudson and Phil Hochmuth, on behalf of F5's customers to better understand the...
- 5 Hybrid Cloud Starting Points Did you know that more than 50% of organizations are already using or planning a move to hybrid cloud?
- Cloud Computing Drives IT and Business Agility Hybrid Cloud Accelerates Time to Value What is the main focus for IT in your organization - cost or agility? Many IT discussions today focus on cost controls rather...
- DevOps with PureApplication System: Reduce cost and speed delivery with an integrated IBM Cloud solution Join this webcast to hear what ING Netherlands has been able to achieve while deploying DevOps tools from IBM Rational. An ING executive...
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!