Salesforce unveils Social Studio, which combines Radian6 and Buddy Media
The new product gives teams a unified way to collaborate on content marketing campaigns
IDG News Service - Salesforce.com is releasing Social Studio, a new product that combines features from its Radian6 social-media-monitoring technology with the content publishing capabilities of its Buddy Media software for marketers.
Social media has rapidly gained prominence as a target for marketers, but many companies are using a slew of different tools, resulting in a disjointed, inefficient effort overall, said Marcel LeBrun, senior vice president of social products.
Social Studio brings together a series of elements aimed at giving marketing teams a single platform on which to work with one another.
Components include team workspaces; detailed and collaborative calendars; content creation tools for publishing on Facebook, Twitter and other social sites; social-media-monitoring and engagement capabilities; and analytics showing how successful various pieces of content are.
"This is not an integration, it's not stitched together," LeBrun said. "It's one brand-new product."
Social Studio is being launched with the help of a number of partners. It's tied into Getty Images and Shutterstock, giving users the ability to pull in photographs from those services. Other launch partners include Trendspottr, which helps marketers see what's hot on social media and determine whether to create content that takes advantage of the trend.
Pricing for Social Studio begins at $1,500 per month, with costs going up based on a number of consumption metrics, such as the number of social media handles a company wants.
Existing Radian6 and Buddy Media customers will get access to Social Studio at no additional charge. Customers who only license one of those products currently will still get access on a limited basis, according to LeBrun.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris' email address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant Report For the 7th year in a row, Riverbed is in the "Leaders" Quadrant of the 2014 Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization Controllers. In...
- Improving Business Value of WAN Optimization Want to achieve faster ROI with WAN optimization? Read the latest IDC report and discover how you can cut IT costs without compromising...
- IDC ROI Infographic Trends such as evolving communication patterns, connection types, applications and bandwidth can have an impact on enterprise organizations. Learn how IT organizations can...
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts