Twitter to promote app downloads in its mobile timelines
Advertisers can use a single interface to promote downloads of their mobile apps in other apps or directly from Twitter timelines
IDG News Service - Twitter's new mobile advertising suite lets companies pitch their mobile apps in promoted tweets or place ads inside other apps.
The suite combines Twitter Cards, a feature that automatically adds Google Play and App Store links to tweets, and Promoted Tweets, sponsored tweets that appear in people's timelines. Users will be able to download apps directly from their timelines, Twitter said Thursday.
The new suite also allows marketers to promote their apps outside Twitter through MoPub market, a mobile-focused ad exchange Twitter bought last September for a reported $350 million. The MoPub exchange reaches more than 1 billion unique devices and handles more than 130 billion ad requests inside Android and iOS applications every 30 days, according to Twitter.
The combined interface at ads.twitter.com is initially available only to U.S. advertisers taking part in the beta test, Twitter said.
Mobile advertising is on the rise, according to ZenithOptimedia, whichA in early April predicted that global expenditures on mobile ads will grow from about $13 billion in 2103 to about $45 billion in 2016.
Twitter is not the only company ramping up its mobile advertising efforts now.
Earlier this week TelefA3nica, one of the world's largest telecom operators, announced a mobile ad-exchange platform using its customer demographics and real-time location data to serve targeted mobile ads.
Loek is Amsterdam Correspondent and covers online privacy, intellectual property, open-source and online payment issues for the IDG News Service. Follow him on Twitter at @loekessers or email tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media Education: The New Edge for Success Failure to train for social media will cost your business money. A recent report showed how digitally prepared companies can unlock up to...
- Social Media in Technology: A Unified Strategy for Success Find out how social media is sparking a new era of customer and industry-understanding in technology enterprises and how industry leaders are overcoming...
- How Network Connections Drive Web Application Performance Users around the globe, on all sorts of devices, expect Web applications to function as seamlessly as desktop applications. This paper discusses the...
- Improving IT Efficiencies: Four Advantages of Multi-Tenant Data Centers Increasing demands on IT are forcing organizations to rethink their data center options. For many organizations, that means turning to the flexibility afforded...
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All Internet White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!