Consumerization of IT in the enterprise starting to pay off
CIO - Companies are beginning to reap ROI and productivity benefits from consumer technologies such as smartphones and tablets. As the trend grows, IT leaders are moving beyond first responder status to craft a long-term strategy for success.
Driven by widespread mobile device usage, the spread of consumerized technologies such as mobile devices appears poised to move from the mainstream to a transformative technology that will trigger widespread changes in how business users work.
According to a December 2013 survey of 1,155 IT decision-makers conducted by IDG Enterprise, workers are widely accessing applications via consumer devices such as smart phones and tablets, and companies have high expectations of this trend. (Editor's note: IDG Enterprise is the publisher of this website.)
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- Ponemon 2014 SSH Security Vulnerability Report According to research by the Ponemon Institute, 3 out of 4 enterprises have no security controls in place for SSH which leaves organizations...
- QA Automation: Reducing Test Execution While Improving Coverage A leading capital investment firm in the US was in need of a comprehensive, cost effective and flexible solution to reduce their existing...
- Learn why Analyst firm Ovum names SugarCRM a leading CRM Recommendations for Enterprises. View Now>>
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to... All Consumerization of IT White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!