Twitter marks 8th birthday with your first tweets
Social net gives users a gift to mark its own anniversary
Computerworld - Twitter is getting ready to celebrate its eighth birthday on Friday and it's marking the occasion with a present for its users.
Anyone can find their first tweet with this first tweet tool.
"Millions of prolific tweeters have made Twitter an exciting, fun and powerful place to connect with others," wrote Stricker. "But each of you had to start somewhere: Today we're taking a look at some choice first Tweets -- first Tweets that sparked a conversation, used imagery to tell a story, or revealed unfiltered self expression."
For instance, Jack Dorsey, co-founder of Twitter, first tweeted, "just setting up my twtttr."
The first tweet by Madeleine Albright, the first female U.S. secretary of state, was,"First of 3 female SecState's - last to join Twitter. Better late than never!"
Sharon Gaudin covers the Internet and Web 2.0, emerging technologies, and desktop and laptop chips for Computerworld. Follow Sharon on Twitter at @sgaudin, on Google+ or subscribe to Sharon's RSS feed . Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Social Media in Computerworld's Social Media Topic Center.
- Social Media in Technology: A Unified Strategy for Success Find out how social media is sparking a new era of customer and industry-understanding in technology enterprises and how industry leaders are overcoming...
- SANS: Next-Generation Datacenters = Next-Generation Security This whitepaper takes a look at some new technology that may allow security teams to implement more flexible and capable protection models in...
- SANS: Protecting Virtual Endpoints with McAfee Server Security Suite Essentials SANS review of McAfees Server Security Suite Essentials that address some of the emerging challenges of securing virtual platforms and cloud environments.
- Safeguarding the Next-Generation Data Center Use of virtual and cloud servers has exploded. Unfortunately, security often lags behind. McAfee recommends looking at innovative solutions in order to erect...
- What Does it Take to Deliver a Superior Customer Experience? The Two Top-Rated Online Retailers, B&H Photo and Crutchfield Electronics, Share Their Secrets Discuss practical CX tools and service methods such as contact center agents and the use of realtime speech analytics to help contact center...
- Is SQL Server AlwaysOn really as powerful? Tips and Tricks from the field With the introduction of AlwaysOn, Windows Clustering Services is now more critical than ever. All Social Media White Papers | Webcasts