Google launches referral program for Apps suite
The company will pay participants $15 per new user account
IDG News Service - People can now earn a finder's fee when they refer customers to Google for its Apps email and collaboration suite.
The Google Apps for Business Referral Program is open to participants in the U.S. and Canada. It pays $15 for every user account in a referred customer's domain, up to a maximum of 100 users, or $1,500. Users must maintain their Apps account for a minimum of 120 days.
Google will offer program participants coupons and other incentives to entice prospects to sign up, as well as templates for their email campaigns and websites. Customers must use the participant's unique referral link to sign up for Apps.
Participants can refer an unlimited number of prospective customers. Google will deposit payments directly into participants' bank accounts.
This new Apps for Business Referral Program complements the suite's Reseller Program, which is designed for VARs, consultants and system integrators who, beyond the initial referral, maintain a post-sales relationship with their customers, offering them other types of assistance, like technical services, billing and IT management.
Google Apps is locked in a tough battle with Microsoft's Office 365 in the cloud email and collaboration suite market and reseller partners are key for both companies.
Juan Carlos Perez covers enterprise communication/collaboration suites, operating systems, browsers and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Follow Juan on Twitter at @JuanCPerezIDG.
- Unlocking the Promise of Demand Sensing and Shaping through Big Data Analytics Many organizations have limited insight into big data. These limitations have significant opportunity costs and can have a negative effect on identifying and...
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- Enterprise-Ready Sync From Day 1 There's no doubt consumer-grade sync and share solutions are convenient, but it's the risk they introduce to the enterprise that keeps IT leaders...
- File Sync and Share Made Simple Today's employees use multiple devices to get their work done. These mixed environments create new challenges for IT teams-IT admins are now tasked...
- Accelerate your innovation with IBM Bluemix™ Join us for a webcast introducing the new IBM BluemixTM. IBM Bluemix (www.bluemix.net) is a developer oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment...
- Maximizing Availability for the Modern Data Center Check out this information-packed resource center for help in maximizing the availability of your data center - from overcoming challenges to choosing the... All Social Business White Papers | Webcasts