IT pros rank University of Texas San Antonio best school for cybersecurity
It's also unclear how knowledgeable the survey respondents were about each school's cybersecurity programs or how much they might have been influenced by either a positive or a negative experience with a university.
Even so, the survey responses paint a fairly clear picture of what IT security practitioners view as the best schools for cybersecurity in the U.S., said Larry Ponemon, founder of the Ponemon Institute.
The numbers for the top-ranked schools are large enough to show the ratings are consistently positive, Ponemon said. "It shows those particular schools stand out from other schools in the whole area of cybersecurity education," Ponemon said. The results are an unambiguous indicator of educational quality and student performance, he said.
Most the schools that cracked the top-10 list are NSA and Department of Homeland Security-certified centers of academic excellence, Ponemon said. Their curriculums address both technical and theoretical issues in cybersecurity, undergraduate and graduate level programs and hands-on learning opportunities. Typically, schools in the top 10 list also tend to have faculty members who are leading practitioners or researchers in the field of cybersecurity.
This article, IT pros rank University of Texas San Antonio best school for cybersecurity, was originally published at Computerworld.com.
Jaikumar Vijayan covers data security and privacy issues, financial services security and e-voting for Computerworld. Follow Jaikumar on Twitter at @jaivijayan or subscribe to Jaikumar's RSS feed . His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Education/Training in Computerworld's Education/Training Topic Center.
- Comprehensive Advanced Threat Defense The hot topic in the information security industry these days is "Advanced Threat Defense" (ATD). This paper describes a comprehensive, network-based approach to...
- Advanced Threat Defense: A Comprehensive Approach In this interview, Peter George, president, General Dynamics Fidelis Cybersecurity Solutions, explains why we need more than anti-malware, and what constitutes a comprehensive...
- Market Overview: Digital Customer Experience Delivery Platforms Forrester states that businesses today struggle to understand and use the tools necessary to create and manage unified, multichannel digital customer experiences across...
- The Growing Demand for Rich Media This white paper discusses how IBM Customer Experience Suite Rich Media Edition can automate rich media workflows, from collaborating with creative agencies and...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All Education/Training White Papers | Webcasts