IT pros rank University of Texas San Antonio best school for cybersecurity
It's also unclear how knowledgeable the survey respondents were about each school's cybersecurity programs or how much they might have been influenced by either a positive or a negative experience with a university.
Even so, the survey responses paint a fairly clear picture of what IT security practitioners view as the best schools for cybersecurity in the U.S., said Larry Ponemon, founder of the Ponemon Institute.
The numbers for the top-ranked schools are large enough to show the ratings are consistently positive, Ponemon said. "It shows those particular schools stand out from other schools in the whole area of cybersecurity education," Ponemon said. The results are an unambiguous indicator of educational quality and student performance, he said.
Most the schools that cracked the top-10 list are NSA and Department of Homeland Security-certified centers of academic excellence, Ponemon said. Their curriculums address both technical and theoretical issues in cybersecurity, undergraduate and graduate level programs and hands-on learning opportunities. Typically, schools in the top 10 list also tend to have faculty members who are leading practitioners or researchers in the field of cybersecurity.
This article, IT pros rank University of Texas San Antonio best school for cybersecurity, was originally published at Computerworld.com.
Jaikumar Vijayan covers data security and privacy issues, financial services security and e-voting for Computerworld. Follow Jaikumar on Twitter at @jaivijayan or subscribe to Jaikumar's RSS feed . His e-mail address is email@example.com.
Read more about Education/Training in Computerworld's Education/Training Topic Center.
- Onboarding New Employees Read this paper to understand the difference between training and socialization in employee onboarding.
- Server-side Caching for the VMware Admin vExpert David Davis weights in on how best-in-class server-side caching solutions can drastically improve storage performance and reduce latency without the addition of...
- Budd Van Lines Moves Data Closer to Home Shipping and logistics company Budd Van Lines uses Infinio to improve performance on their VDI environment. The company employs a virtualized datacenter based...
- Storage Performance with Cost Control As IT groups expand their server virtualization initiatives, central storage performance can become the bottleneck and create poor end user experience.
- What Does it Take to Deliver a Superior Customer Experience? The Two Top-Rated Online Retailers, B&H Photo and Crutchfield Electronics, Share Their Secrets Discuss practical CX tools and service methods such as contact center agents and the use of realtime speech analytics to help contact center...
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily... All Education/Training White Papers | Webcasts