Lenovo updates Yoga Tablet 10 HD+ processor, screen
Vendor hopes new Yoga model, set to ship in April for $349, gets better response than first one
IDG News Service - Lenovo's first Yoga tablet, introduced late last year, met with bad reviews, so the company hopes the second time's a charm with the Yoga Tablet 10 HD+.
Announced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, the $349 tablet has a 10-inch screen and a snappy Qualcomm 400 Snapdragon processor. The screen displays images at a 1920 x 1200 pixel resolution, setting it apart from the previous Yoga 10 tablet, which was criticized for its poor performance and low-resolution screen.
But the company has retained some of the key features from the original Yoga 10. The Yoga Tablet 10 HD+ has a cylindrical battery that the company claims gives the device 18 hours of battery life, and a kickstand that allows the tablet to stand upright at 30-degree to 80-degree angles.
Other features in the tablet include an 8-megapixel rear camera, a front camera, micro-USB port, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. The tablet has the Android 4.3 OS.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon chip is able to render full high-definition video, which should give the tablet competitive multimedia performance.
The tablet will be packaged with apps from Lenovo to easily share files, sync contacts and protect the device from malware. The software belongs to Lenovo's new Do-it software apps package, which was also announced on Sunday.
The Yoga Tablet 10 HD+ will be available in April, the company said.
- The Apple-ization of the Enterprise: Understanding IT's New World Read this paper for how to tackle Apple-ization (and the related consumerization of IT and Bring Your Own Device/BYOD).
- A Practical Introduction to Enterprise Mobility Management Read the white paper to better understand the basic concepts within mobility management and to learn how you can apply EMM technology to...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- Enterprise Endpoint Backup Checklist Read this checklist to learn how to create a back up strategy to quickly and easily protect your endpoint data.
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts