Nokia Treasure Tag helps find lost items
Accessory starts shipping in April and will cost about $30
IDG News Service - Nokia has unveiled its Treasure Tag device, which can help people use their smartphones to find valuables like keys or a bag by putting a tag on them.
The tags, which come with an accompanying app, will be compatible with Nokia Lumia phones with the Black software update, Nokia said Wednesday. There will also be third-party applications for Android and iOS devices available, the company said.
Users can have up to four different tags simultaneously connected to their Lumia, and each tag can be placed on the start screen as a Live Tile. When users inadvertently leave behind their smartphone or keys, both will emit a loud tone to alert them, according to Nokia. The alert can also be prompted using the app, which will help users locate lost items on a map, as well, Nokia said.
Pairing can be done using NFC or from the Bluetooth settings menu. A tag is deactivated with a long press on its only button.
The accessory measures 30 millimeters by 30 mm by 10 mm and weighs 13 grams. The tags will cost about $30 when they start shipping in April around the world, and users can choose between cyan, yellow, white and black colors. Nokia also promises a battery life of up to six months for the device.
Nokia started distributing the Black update last month. It includes features such as app folders and an updated version of Glance screen, which lets users see notifications from up to five apps on the lock screen. Bluetooth Low Energy has been enabled across the full range of Lumias and all models can now get the new Camera app.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Separating Work and Personal at the Platform Level: How BlackBerry Balance Works BlackBerry® Balance™ separates work from personal on the same mobile device, right at a platform level. Find out how it can work for...
- Protection for Every Enterprise: How BlackBerry Security Works Get an IT-level review of BlackBerry® Security, addressing data leakage protection, certified encryption, containerization and much more.
- Future Focus: What's Coming in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Find out why Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions that are truly future-ready must be designed to enable Machine-to-Machine (M2M) capabilities and much more.
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Workforce Mobilization for Improved Productivity A mobility research director from Aberdeen discusses reasons for extending legacy applications to mobile devices, and an integration strategist from Attachmate shows how...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the...
- Containerization Options: How to Choose the Best DLP Solution for Your Organization This webcast outlines a framework for making the right choice when it comes to containerization approaches, along with the pros and cons of... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts