R resources at Computerworld
From a beginner's guide to data-wrangling how-to, we've got you covered.
Computerworld - Looking to learn R or improve your R skills? You've come to the right place. Whether you're a beginner, an intermediate user or an advanced R programmer, these how-to guides and links to online tutorials, videos and more will help you do more with R.
Just starting out? You'll want to check out this beginner's guide that gives a brief R overview and then takes you step-by-step through tasks like data import, basic analysis and visualization:
After you've gotten your feet wet, learning a few additional skills will help you get a lot more out of R.
Basic visualizations in R are static, but if you want a graph where you can mouse over (or tap) to get more info -- or click to turn items on and off -- you'll want to check out rCharts. This step-by-step slideshow walks you through getting your data into the proper format and the few simple lines of code needed to generate your interactive dataviz.
Learn how to use R to bypass the Google Analytics Web interface, and automate creation of customized reports.
This curated list includes resources for every skill level, from statistics and R newbies to expert coders. It features a searchable, sortable chart so you can easily find resources of interest to you, and short write-ups with each link so you know what to expect before clicking through.
This post looks at "quality of opponent" for both 2014 Super Bowl teams by how each team's opponents finished the regular season. Includes R code.
See how high R skills rank in Dice.com's 2013-14 salary survey. (Hint: quite high.)
There have been several claims circulating on social media and the Web that Python, being a general-purpose language, has become more compelling for data work than a domain-specific language such as R. Claims, but not data. This installment of the Data Avenger blog series takes a look.
Read more about Business Intelligence/Analytics in Computerworld's Business Intelligence/Analytics Topic Center.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The value of smarter oil and gas fields With global energy requirements continuing to rise, the exploration, development and production of new oil and gas resources are shifting to increasingly challenging...
- Smarter Environmental Analytics Solutions: Offshore Oil and Gas Installations Example This IBM Redbooks® Solution Guide describes a solution for implementing smarter environmental monitoring and analytics for oil and gas industries. The solution implements...
- Piecing Together the Business Intelligence Puzzle Business intelligence (BI) technology collects and analyzes company data, delivering relevant information to corporate decision-makers in an effort to produce favorable outcomes.
- Harness IT -- An Introduction to Business Intelligence Solutions Learn the key selection criteria required to provide your organization with the capability to address structured data, unstructured data and mobile demands so...
- Live Webcast Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- The Software-Defined Data Center: Is your ADC ready? Data center transformation is accelerating beyond virtualization to next-generation cloud architectures and software-defined data centers, bringing new challenges for application performance, scalability and...
- Application Acceleration: Optimize the End-User Experience Watch this on-demand webcast and learn how you can optimize your web content, accelerate performance across any device and browser combination, and offload... All Business Intelligence/Analytics White Papers | Webcasts