- 2014 Premier 100 IT Leaders: A reinvention convention
- Class of 2014 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: Career doors open wide everywhere for IT pros
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2014
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 2-4, 2014
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
Premier 100 IT Leader: Angela Yochem
Streamlining business processes allows this IT leader to offer more value to customers.
Computerworld - BDP International, a company that specializes in shipping sensitive materials, has a history of investing in technology as part of its strategic plan. So when it became clear that the aging system it was using for clients' business processes wasn't as efficient or as cost-effective as it could be, the company's IT leaders knew it was time for a change.
Since joining BDP 11 months ago, Global CIO Angela Yochem has focused on streamlining operations. Optimizing the experience for customers was one of the company's goals, and Yochem, 42, is helping BDP do that by automating the booking process. She is also creating a line of software-as-a-service-based systems for product management and engineering to sell directly to clients, and she adds that she's "building advanced analytics capability for customers, allowing them to run scenarios and better streamline their supply chain."
The SaaS product line benefits both BDP and its clients. It reduces the barrier of adoption for customers because it doesn't require them to add infrastructure, and it cuts costs for BDP.
BDP Chairman and CEO Richard Bolte sees the value in using IT to enhance business. "Companies that are able to project visibility over the business horizon for their clients through digital products and predictive analytics will set the new standard for supply chain insight," he says.
Reflecting on the part she played in bringing change to BDP, Yochem says, "The great thing about this role, which is very exciting and dynamic, is that using technology to enable differentiation is very satisfying."
More on the 2014 Premier 100
Read more about Management in Computerworld's Management Topic Center.
- Study: Total Economic Impact of Google Apps Employees can work faster and IT spending can decrease when companies switch to Google Apps, says a commissioned study by Forrester Consulting. Going...
- Best Practices in BYOD - Addressing BYOD Challenges in the Enterprise Take control of the iOS, Android™ and BlackBerry® devices in your organization, from one powerful, unified console.
- Built for Business: 10 Reasons BlackBerry Smartphones Are Still the Best Way to Do Business The BlackBerry® 10 mobile computing platform removes many of the barriers that slow down other devices. Here are just a few of the...
- Choosing an MDM Platform: Where to Start the Conversation If you're in the early stages of choosing an MDM solution, or you're considering switching vendors, here are seven critical questions to ask...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Video surveillance for IT: maximum image quality, minimum bandwidth Join us on Thursday, May 8th at 1 p.m. EST when Willem Ryan, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Avigilon, will discuss how IT... All Management White Papers | Webcasts