Intel promotes 5 as focus grows on communications, manufacturing
Intel promotes Aicha Evans and Neil Tunmore to senior roles in the wireless and manufacturing divisions, respectively
IDG News Service - Intel promoted five executives to the roles of corporate vice president as the chip maker expands its communications and manufacturing assets.
The chip maker promoted Aicha Evans, 42, to the role of corporate vice president, adding a new title to her existing role of general manager of the Wireless Platform Research and Development Group in the Platform Engineering Group. She is responsible for the development of communications equipment like modems and baseband processors, which will be embedded in Intel's low-power tablet and smartphone chips.
Intel also promoted Neil Tunmore, 50, to corporate vice president. Tunmore already serves as director of corporate services in the Technology and Manufacturing Group, which is the company's largest business group in terms of employee count. Tunmore manages Intel's manufacturing facilities worldwide. Intel's advanced chip factories are gaining prominence as the company opens up its facilities to contract manufacturing.
Also elected to corporate vice president was Wen-Hann Wang, 54, who runs Intel Labs as managing director. Other promotions to corporate vice president came in the Legal and Corporate Affairs Group with Suzan Miller, 49, and Steven Rodgers, 48, both deputy general counsels, being promoted to handle the legal team and worldwide patent, litigation and licensing activities, respectively.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, see how your salary stacks up to peers' with our Smart Salary Tool.