Intel promotes 5 as focus grows on communications, manufacturing
Intel promotes Aicha Evans and Neil Tunmore to senior roles in the wireless and manufacturing divisions, respectively
IDG News Service - Intel promoted five executives to the roles of corporate vice president as the chip maker expands its communications and manufacturing assets.
The chip maker promoted Aicha Evans, 42, to the role of corporate vice president, adding a new title to her existing role of general manager of the Wireless Platform Research and Development Group in the Platform Engineering Group. She is responsible for the development of communications equipment like modems and baseband processors, which will be embedded in Intel's low-power tablet and smartphone chips.
Intel also promoted Neil Tunmore, 50, to corporate vice president. Tunmore already serves as director of corporate services in the Technology and Manufacturing Group, which is the company's largest business group in terms of employee count. Tunmore manages Intel's manufacturing facilities worldwide. Intel's advanced chip factories are gaining prominence as the company opens up its facilities to contract manufacturing.
Also elected to corporate vice president was Wen-Hann Wang, 54, who runs Intel Labs as managing director. Other promotions to corporate vice president came in the Legal and Corporate Affairs Group with Suzan Miller, 49, and Steven Rodgers, 48, both deputy general counsels, being promoted to handle the legal team and worldwide patent, litigation and licensing activities, respectively.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- SDCRAA Case Study: Adapting ERP to business needs This case study goes in depth about San Diego County Regional Airport Authority's created flexibility for a changing industry.
- HP HAVEn: See the big picture in Big Data HP HAVEn is the industry's first comprehensive, scalable, open, and secure platform for Big Data. Enterprises are drowning in a sea of data...
- What Datapipe customers need to know about the new PCI DSS 3.0 compliance standard This handy quick reference outlines what PCI DSS 3.0 is, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the new...
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts