Guthrie named to succeed Nadella in cloud role
Popular Microsoft technologist takes over role as acting head of cloud and enterprise operations
IDG News Service - Microsoft technologist Scott Guthrie has been appointed to lead the company's cloud and enterprise group, after the promotion of the former head, Satya Nadella, to the position of CEO of the company.
Guthrie's new role is as "acting lead of cloud and enterprise," Microsoft said, suggesting that the appointment may be temporary.
On Tuesday, Microsoft announced that Nadella had been appointed as the company's third CEO. He was previously executive vice president of the cloud and enterprise group.
Guthrie, a popular figure at developer events, has been a corporate vice president in Microsoft's server and tools business, according to his blog. He ran a development team that worked on products and technologies such as Windows Azure, BizTalk and Visual Studio Tools for Web, Web Services and Workflow. A frequent blogger, he lives in Seattle.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Axeda Platform Technical Overview This paper summarizes the major features of an IoT platform and explains how they simplify and speed the process of developing and deploying...
- Stock Shock: The effect of project and portfolio management on share price In this independent report, you'll see the intrinsic connection between long-term capital investment and short term market performance -- and how this can...
- Contact Center Technologies Implementing the right customer contact center tools can boost customer satisfaction and drive down costs. This guide highlights the technologies that are transforming...
- Conferencing Connects: Collaboration Creates Fueled by an explosion in mobile apps, video conferencing is taking hold across organizations. This paper explains how to cost-effectively leverage video conferencing...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- PST Archiving: What is it and How is it Done? Learn more about what PST data is, the risks relating to it, and how the new PST Archiving feature in the Simpana 10... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts