Guthrie named to succeed Nadella in cloud role
Popular Microsoft technologist takes over role as acting head of cloud and enterprise operations
IDG News Service - Microsoft technologist Scott Guthrie has been appointed to lead the company's cloud and enterprise group, after the promotion of the former head, Satya Nadella, to the position of CEO of the company.
Guthrie's new role is as "acting lead of cloud and enterprise," Microsoft said, suggesting that the appointment may be temporary.
On Tuesday, Microsoft announced that Nadella had been appointed as the company's third CEO. He was previously executive vice president of the cloud and enterprise group.
Guthrie, a popular figure at developer events, has been a corporate vice president in Microsoft's server and tools business, according to his blog. He ran a development team that worked on products and technologies such as Windows Azure, BizTalk and Visual Studio Tools for Web, Web Services and Workflow. A frequent blogger, he lives in Seattle.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Meeting Changing Information Management Needs with Next-Generation Email Archiving Learn more about the ever-changing landscape of next-generation email archiving and gain insight about information management needs in this Info-Tech whitepaper.
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud Service Modern organizations are under intense pressure to provide accurate, reliable, and speedy financial information to business decision-makers. Furthermore, complying with global standards has...
- Cloud for Business Managers in Midsize Organizations: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly Read this independent research report to learn how business managers around the world are using Cloud applications.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts