Sencha launches tool for managing HTML5 apps on smartphones, tablets
Tool maker offers Team, Workforce and Enterprise versions
IDG News Service - Sencha has introduced Space, aiming to make it easier for IT departments to manage HTML5 apps running on Android, iOS or BlackBerry devices.
Sencha is best known for its cross-platform development tools designed to let users create customized HMTL5 apps for PCs and mobile devices. But as more enterprises allow users bring their own devices to work, there is an increasing need for a tool that manages these apps, the company said on Tuesday.
Sencha Space has two main parts: a Web-based management tool and a native client application. Together they offer users a bookmark management system with single sign-on for work content and applications on their mobile device, and let IT departments decide what applications and information users or groups of users can access. The management tool can also be used to configure VPNs to work with the client, in order to increase security.
The client can be downloaded from the Google Play store, Apple's App Store or BlackBerry App World. The management application is available here.
Sencha Space also includes a number of APIs to help users create Web-based applications. For example, the Invoke API allows apps running inside the client to communicate and exchange data with each other. The Secure data API that allows administrators to encrypt data within their apps is also part of the lineup.
There are three versions of Space to choose from: the free Team version, Workforce and Enterprise.
They all offer the same basic management functionality, but users that are willing to pay either $4.99 per user, per month for the Workforce version or $7.99 for the Enterprise version get better support and more advanced security features. They also allow for more users, applications and devices, according to Sencha's website.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Top 12 Laptop Bags for Mobile Pros
- Think Deleted Text Messages Are Gone Forever? Think Again
- 7 New Faces of the C-suite
- 5 Ways CIOs Can Rationalize Application Portfolios
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Four Myths of High-Productivity App Dev Debunked Debunk the main myths surrounding high-productivity application development and how both platforms have overcome them.
- Infographic: Team Effectiveness Work is changing. We're global, mobile and distributed - we're virtual teams. This infographic illustrates our 2013 survey of over 1700 people around...
- Unify top five predictions in enterprise communications for 2014 Around the globe, a new way to work is taking hold - and 2014 will be a turning point.
- The Business Case for the Enterprise Cloud This article aims to explore the business case for the enterprise cloud, focusing on public cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS). The discussion will examine the...
On-Demand Webcast: 7 Reasons to Choose VoIP
Thinking about a new phone system for your business?
Be sure to watch this informative webcast. Steve Strauss, small business columnist for USA...
All App Development White Papers |