The votes are in: Which mobile data provider is best?
Download and upload speeds
People are just as happy with their provider's data download and upload speeds as with the availability and reliability of the connection.
Some 66% said they were satisfied with the average download speed. Only 16% were dissatisfied.
Verizon once again was the top performer, with 71% satisfied and just 9% dissatisfied. Sprint was the worst, at 49% satisfied and 38% dissatisfied.
Customers are not quite as pleased with upload speeds, with 59% satisfied; on the other hand, only 14% said they were dissatisfied.
Can you guess the winner and loser? Yes, you can. Verizon was tops again with 64% satisfied and only 9% dissatisfied. And fewer than half of Sprint users, 44%, were satisfied with upload speeds. Some 32% of them were dissatisfied.
Value and phone selection
A high-performing network is one thing, but bang for the buck is something else entirely. So we asked customers what they felt about the data network performance of their providers compared to what they're paying.
As a whole, they're only moderately pleased, with 52% saying they were satisfied and 25% saying they were dissatisfied.
T-Mobile customers, though, are a very happy bunch, with 67% rating themselves satisfied and 22% dissatisfied. Sprint got the big raspberry here again, with the worst results -- 44% satisfied and 35% dissatisfied.
It's clear that the smartphone wars are good for consumers, because they reported themselves as being extremely pleased with the selection of available phones from their carriers -- a whopping 81% said they were satisfied, and only about 6% were dissatisfied.
AT&T won by a mile here, with 90% of customers satisfied and only 2% dissatisfied. Even customers of T-Mobile, which rated the worst in this category, are still a happy bunch, with 70% satisfied and 12% dissatisfied.
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- Software Asset Management: Ensuring Today's Assets Today's trends like BYOD and SaaS are new and exciting in terms of how they will help make our jobs more productive but...
- Trends Shaping Software Management: 2014 Most IT executives recognize the relationship between mobile computing and worker productivity, and have long issued notebook computers and other mobile devices to...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All Wireless Carriers White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!