Apple to fix iOS 7 crash bug
The flaw sometimes causes iPhones to shut down suddenly
IDG News Service - Apple says it will fix a bug in the iOS 7 operating system that has caused some iPhones to crash.
Some users have complained about the problem since iOS 7's introduction last September, saying their iPhones shut down without warning. Some social media comments have compared the flaw to the infamous Windows "blue screen of death."
Now, help is apparently on the way.
"We have a fix in an upcoming software update for a bug that can occasionally cause a home screen crash," Apple spokeswoman Trudy Muller said Wednesday.
iOS 7, the current operating system for iPads and iPod Touch units as well as iPhones, has received a few updates and may be close to a more major upgrade to a 7.1 version.
Last year, Apple patched a flaw that let users get past the lockscreen and access and use some data, including posting images to online services. Another patch fixed a problem that sometimes caused FaceTime video chat sessions to fail.
- SANS: Next-Generation Datacenters = Next-Generation Security This whitepaper takes a look at some new technology that may allow security teams to implement more flexible and capable protection models in...
- SANS: Protecting Virtual Endpoints with McAfee Server Security Suite Essentials SANS review of McAfees Server Security Suite Essentials that address some of the emerging challenges of securing virtual platforms and cloud environments.
- Safeguarding the Next-Generation Data Center Use of virtual and cloud servers has exploded. Unfortunately, security often lags behind. McAfee recommends looking at innovative solutions in order to erect...
- Aberdeen: Securing the Evolving Datacenter This report highlights ways security technologies and services are evolving to provide the visibility and control needed to deploy workloads flexibly in the...
- Is SQL Server AlwaysOn really as powerful? Tips and Tricks from the field With the introduction of AlwaysOn, Windows Clustering Services is now more critical than ever.
- What Does it Take to Deliver a Superior Customer Experience? The Two Top-Rated Online Retailers, B&H Photo and Crutchfield Electronics, Share Their Secrets Discuss practical CX tools and service methods such as contact center agents and the use of realtime speech analytics to help contact center... All iOS White Papers | Webcasts