Tip of the Hat: How to win the battle for top coders
Expert advice for IT hiring managers looking to hire the hard-to-find talented programmers sought by tech firms everywhere
Though the employment picture remains bleak for many IT job seekers out there, the battle to hire talented software developers remains brutal.
Hiring experts say IT managers today must search long and hard for expert Web and mobile developers. Expertise in Java Ruby and Python tools are especially valuable -- and relatively rare, experts say.
The number of openings for top developers far exceeds the supply, forcing IT executives to seek out ways to stand out, especially when competing with developer havens like Google, Microsoft and Facebook.
Computerworld gives a Tip of the Hat to Infoworld's Dan Tynan for offering 7 simple rules for hiring great developers. The list, and the accompanying advice from some of the industry's top hiring managers, could separate any company from the pack.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, see how your salary stacks up to peers' with our Smart Salary Tool.