Tip of the Hat: How to win the battle for top coders
Expert advice for IT hiring managers looking to hire the hard-to-find talented programmers sought by tech firms everywhere
Though the employment picture remains bleak for many IT job seekers out there, the battle to hire talented software developers remains brutal.
Hiring experts say IT managers today must search long and hard for expert Web and mobile developers. Expertise in Java Ruby and Python tools are especially valuable -- and relatively rare, experts say.
The number of openings for top developers far exceeds the supply, forcing IT executives to seek out ways to stand out, especially when competing with developer havens like Google, Microsoft and Facebook.
Computerworld gives a Tip of the Hat to Infoworld's Dan Tynan for offering 7 simple rules for hiring great developers. The list, and the accompanying advice from some of the industry's top hiring managers, could separate any company from the pack.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- SDCRAA Case Study: Adapting ERP to business needs This case study goes in depth about San Diego County Regional Airport Authority's created flexibility for a changing industry.
- HP HAVEn: See the big picture in Big Data HP HAVEn is the industry's first comprehensive, scalable, open, and secure platform for Big Data. Enterprises are drowning in a sea of data...
- What Datapipe customers need to know about the new PCI DSS 3.0 compliance standard This handy quick reference outlines what PCI DSS 3.0 is, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the new...
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts