Tip of the Hat: Decoding the Net neutrality decision
Explaining why the U.S. Appeals Court ruling on Net neutrality really matters to users everywhere
Computerworld - Despite widespread criticism from advocates of an open Internet, the effects of this week's U.S. Appeals Court ruling that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) can't keep broadband and mobile service providers from selectively blocking or slowing Web traffic and applications aren't as obvious to most consumers.
Most of the reports are aimed at readers that understand the complex legal arguments and what they mean for millions of average Internet users across the country.
Computerworld offers a tip of the hat to CNET's Marguerite Reardon for an astute breakdown of the history of Net neutrality, a concise and easy-to-understand review of the latest decision and -- most importantly -- what it means for the average consumer in the U.S.
Read more about Internet in Computerworld's Internet Topic Center.
- Data on the Move = Business on the Move; How Strategic Secure Managed File Transfer Adds Value and Drives Business This whitepaper describes the formal and informal file-sharing methods business employees use to perform their daily functions and explains that, from sending small...
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- Supercharge Your Web and Mobile App Development with High-Productivity Hybrid Cloud Webinar: Hear from industry experts about the amazing power at the intersection of next-generation web and mobile application development and cloud platforms.
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources... All Internet White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!