Tip of the Hat: Decoding the Net neutrality decision
Explaining why the U.S. Appeals Court ruling on Net neutrality really matters to users everywhere
Computerworld - Despite widespread criticism from advocates of an open Internet, the effects of this week's U.S. Appeals Court ruling that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) can't keep broadband and mobile service providers from selectively blocking or slowing Web traffic and applications aren't as obvious to most consumers.
Most of the reports are aimed at readers that understand the complex legal arguments and what they mean for millions of average Internet users across the country.
Computerworld offers a tip of the hat to CNET's Marguerite Reardon for an astute breakdown of the history of Net neutrality, a concise and easy-to-understand review of the latest decision and -- most importantly -- what it means for the average consumer in the U.S.
Read more about Internet in Computerworld's Internet Topic Center.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Data on the Move = Business on the Move; How Strategic Secure Managed File Transfer Adds Value and Drives Business This whitepaper describes the formal and informal file-sharing methods business employees use to perform their daily functions and explains that, from sending small...
- Infographic: Converged Infrastructure Benefits This Infographic quantifies the savings organizations are realizing from increased deployment speed, higher availability, and lower annual costs.
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- Going Paperless? Here's What You Need to Think About As makers of some of the world's most popular PDF solutions, we often consult with businesses & governmental agencies that have the goal...
- Supercharge Your Web and Mobile App Development with High-Productivity Hybrid Cloud Webinar: Hear from industry experts about the amazing power at the intersection of next-generation web and mobile application development and cloud platforms.
Enhance Your Virtualization Infrastructure With IBM and Vmware
Date: Wednesday, May 14, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Virtualization technology is now expanding beyond the server compute elements to encompass networking and storage...
All Internet White Papers |
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!