Tip of the Hat: Decoding the Net neutrality decision
Explaining why the U.S. Appeals Court ruling on Net neutrality really matters to users everywhere
Computerworld - Despite widespread criticism from advocates of an open Internet, the effects of this week's U.S. Appeals Court ruling that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) can't keep broadband and mobile service providers from selectively blocking or slowing Web traffic and applications aren't as obvious to most consumers.
Most of the reports are aimed at readers that understand the complex legal arguments and what they mean for millions of average Internet users across the country.
Computerworld offers a tip of the hat to CNET's Marguerite Reardon for an astute breakdown of the history of Net neutrality, a concise and easy-to-understand review of the latest decision and -- most importantly -- what it means for the average consumer in the U.S.
Read more about Internet in Computerworld's Internet Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- IDC Report: The Future of eMail is Social This paper discusses the changing nature of collaboration and work fueled by the social Web by examining current email trends and the emergence...
- The Business of Social Business Social business represents a significant transformational opportunity for organizations. Read this whitepaper to learn more.
- Six Ways Your Small Business Can Save with Internet Phone Service Traditional phone systems present two main problems for businesses: limited features and high costs. As a result, small businesses are migrating to Internet...
- Mobile Policy Checklist Here's what to consider when putting together a mobile policy designed to support a highly productive workforce.
- Supercharge Your Web and Mobile App Development with High-Productivity Hybrid Cloud Webinar: Hear from industry experts about the amazing power at the intersection of next-generation web and mobile application development and cloud platforms.
- Mobile Apps and Devices Slash Customer Cycle Time Consolidated Engineering Laboratories' field employees used to collect data on triplicate forms that were sometimes hard to read and difficult to manage. After... All Internet White Papers | Webcasts