7 Reasons IT Organizations Should Adopt Six Sigma
CIO - Since General Electric adopted Six Sigma, a process-improvement strategy developed by Motorola in the 1980s, in the 1990s, the term/methodology has become a catch phrase for quality improvement. And although originally intended for use in manufacturing and the supply chain as a way to reduce or eliminate defects, the data-driven, process-improvement strategy has since been applied to other sectors and services, including IT.
So how can a process-improvement strategy such as Six Sigma benefit your IT organization? CIO.com asked IT as well as Six Sigma and other experts. They provided seven reasons why adopting a process-improvement strategy makes good business sense, no matter what business you are in.
1. It can help you make better decisions. "IT organizations usually have large numbers of change initiatives running in parallel, addressing a wide range of factors," says Jim Shulkin, vice president of Marketing at Daptiv, a provider of on-demand project portfolio management software.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
Changing the Way Government Works: Four Technology Trends that Drive Down Costs and Increase Productivity
This paper discusses four technology-based approaches to improving processes and increasing
productivity while driving down department and agency costs.
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All IT Industry White Papers | Webcasts