Sony expands 4K TV range with 9 new models
Sony further pushes 4K lineup with the flagship XBR-X950B series.
IDG News Service - Sony added nine more models in three series to its 4K TV range at the International CES show on Monday, promising cheaper offerings but not specifying prices.
The latest entries are led by the flagship XBR-X950B series, which was unveiled at a press conference at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The TV sets are expected to be available in spring this year in 85 and 65 inches and will feature direct LED local dimming.
The 4K Ultra HD TV has four times the resolution and clarity of Full HD 1080p, Triluminos display technology for enhanced color and detail, and HDMI 2.0.
"Its unique backlighting algorithm can achieve a much wider dynamic range of brightness with higher peaks and deeper blacks," said Mike Fasulo, president and chief operating officer of Sony Electronics. "These televisions are eye-catching no matter what you are viewing."
The flagship offering is followed by the X900B series in 79, 65, and 55 inches, and the X850B series in 70, 65, 55, and 49 inches. Sony is also adding a new line of five Bravia LED HD TV series to accompany the 4K entries. They will be mostly available this spring and some feature a wedge-shaped design with triangular sides and enhanced performance speakers.
The 4K push by Sony includes a new $2,000 prosumer 4K camcorder, the FDR-AX100, a tie-up on 4K content with Netflix, whose CEO Reed Hastings appeared on stage with Sony officials, and the manufacturer's continued promotion of the Sony Video Unlimited 4K Service, announced last September with dozens of native 4K feature films.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready? Read "Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready?" now, and discover best practices and actionable steps to implementing a production-ready big data solution.
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Simplify and Consolidate Data Protection for Better Business Results Learn about IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager Operations Center, which provides advanced visualization, built-in analytics and integrated workflow automation features that leapfrog traditional backup...
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Personal Technology White Papers | Webcasts