Sony expands 4K TV range with 9 new models
Sony further pushes 4K lineup with the flagship XBR-X950B series.
IDG News Service - Sony added nine more models in three series to its 4K TV range at the International CES show on Monday, promising cheaper offerings but not specifying prices.
The latest entries are led by the flagship XBR-X950B series, which was unveiled at a press conference at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The TV sets are expected to be available in spring this year in 85 and 65 inches and will feature direct LED local dimming.
The 4K Ultra HD TV has four times the resolution and clarity of Full HD 1080p, Triluminos display technology for enhanced color and detail, and HDMI 2.0.
"Its unique backlighting algorithm can achieve a much wider dynamic range of brightness with higher peaks and deeper blacks," said Mike Fasulo, president and chief operating officer of Sony Electronics. "These televisions are eye-catching no matter what you are viewing."
The flagship offering is followed by the X900B series in 79, 65, and 55 inches, and the X850B series in 70, 65, 55, and 49 inches. Sony is also adding a new line of five Bravia LED HD TV series to accompany the 4K entries. They will be mostly available this spring and some feature a wedge-shaped design with triangular sides and enhanced performance speakers.
The 4K push by Sony includes a new $2,000 prosumer 4K camcorder, the FDR-AX100, a tie-up on 4K content with Netflix, whose CEO Reed Hastings appeared on stage with Sony officials, and the manufacturer's continued promotion of the Sony Video Unlimited 4K Service, announced last September with dozens of native 4K feature films.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Client Management Tools The client management tool market is maturing and evolving to adapt to consumerization, desktop virtualization, and an ongoing need to improve efficiency.
- Audit Ready and Asset Optimized: The Solid Promise of an Intelligent Software Asset Management Solution In this paper Frost & Sullivan examines the benefits of enterprise-grade Software Asset Management solutions, and how these solutions serve as the convergence...
- Pragmatic Endpoint Management: Empowering an SMB Workforce in the Age of Mobility Lacking the time for proper training and education, SMB administrators often resort to taking shortcuts to keep their environment running.This paper discusses the...
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security The market for application security testing is changing rapidly. Technology trends, such as mobile applications, advanced Web applications and dynamic languages, are forcing...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All Personal Technology White Papers | Webcasts