Sharp shows off Q+, billed as highest-res full HD TV available
The Q+ is 4K ready and will carry a price tag of $2,999.99 to $5,999.99.
IDG News Service - Resolution fanatics, hoping that 4K TVs will become cheaper, got some welcome news from Sharp on Monday when the elcetronics maker unveiled its Aquos 4K Ultra HD, with 60- and 70-inch versions priced at $4,999.99 and $5,999.99, respectively.
The struggling Japanese company announced four series of TVs at International CES, including the 2160p-resolution, THX 4K-certified Aquos 4K, that promise eye-popping visuals in a market saturated with pixels and subpixels.
A slightly cheaper TV, the Aquos Quattron+ (or Q+) is billed by Sharp as the highest resolution full HD TV available. It's priced at about half the cost of a premium 4K TV. Sharp calls it a game-changer.
"The great thing about this technology is it's future-ready," said Christopher Loncto, director of marketing communications at Sharp Electronics Marketing Company of America. "When 4K content becomes more available, this will play it without the need for any additional adaptors or anything like that."
The Q+ comes in 60, 70 and 80-inch screen sizes and features Quattron and Revelation technologies, which enhance picture quality, as well as 16 million subpixels and 4K signal playback. The THX-certified screen will carry a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $2,999.99 to $5,999.99 and will ship from February.
Sharp also showed off the Aquos Quattron, which features 33 percent more subpixels than standard HD TVs and a 240Hz native panel refresh rate, as well as the entry-level Aquos HD TV.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Simplify and Consolidate Data Protection for Better Business Results Learn about IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager Operations Center, which provides advanced visualization, built-in analytics and integrated workflow automation features that leapfrog traditional backup...
- HP HAVEn: See the big picture in Big Data HP HAVEn is the industry's first comprehensive, scalable, open, and secure platform for Big Data. Enterprises are drowning in a sea of data...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All Personal Technology White Papers | Webcasts