Acer's $1,100 Android all-in-one shows stunning visuals
Acer's TA272 HUL all-in-one has a 27-inch touch display with a 2560 x 1440 pixel resolution
IDG News Service - Acer's going beyond conventional high-definition with its latest all-in-one PC, which at a list price of $1,099.99, is one of the most expensive Android devices available.
The Acer TA272 HUL has a 27-inch touch display that can show images at a 2560 x 1440-pixel resolution. The monitor has HDMI, DisplayPort and USB 3.0 ports.
There are a handful of Android all-in-ones available today, but at $1,100, Acer's new model is the most expensive. HP's Slate 21, which has a 21.5-inch screen with a 1920 x 1080-pixel resolution, is priced at $399, while Acer's DA241HL, which has a 24-inch screen, is priced at APS450 (US$742) on Amazon.com's UK retail site. Acer did not immediately provide availability information for the TA272.
The new Acer PC has Android 4.2, Nvidia's Tegra quad-core processor, 16GB of storage, a two-megapixel webcam and 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi.
Android all-in-ones are aimed at users who do most of their computing on the Web and are familiar with the Android OS interface on mobile devices. Users will be able to sync with other devices to share files through Acer's Build Your Own Cloud service, the company said.
But questions remain as to whether the high-resolution screen will make a difference. Most Android apps are designed for lower resolutions, and streaming services like Netflix are still transitioning to 1080p video.
The all-in-one will be shown next week at the International CES trade show in Las Vegas, where there will be a big focus on 4K devices and content.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready? Read "Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready?" now, and discover best practices and actionable steps to implementing a production-ready big data solution.
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Simplify and Consolidate Data Protection for Better Business Results Learn about IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager Operations Center, which provides advanced visualization, built-in analytics and integrated workflow automation features that leapfrog traditional backup...
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Laptops White Papers | Webcasts