Mobile management: InfoWorld's expert guide
iPhones, iPads, BlackBerrys, Androids -- learn how to secure whatever smartphones and tablets your employees have
Infoworld - More and more executives and CIOs have realized that mobile has moved beyond a messaging platform to a multifaceted platform for application, Web, and messaging usage -- which means they're bringing in new generations of devices from Apple, Google's partners, and others. And now iPads are charging into businesses, with interest now rising in Android tablets.
For IT, that means a whole new world to manage. Different devices have very different capabilities for security and remote management, and the email platform you use also affects how you can secure and manage the mobile devices you let into your organization. Even though Apple has added significant management capabilities to its iOS, IT can't just say thanks and call it a day -- there's significant work to be done in determining the appropriate security and management policies, then figuring out how to deploy and enforce them in the new heterogenous world of mobile devices.
To help IT do that, InfoWorld.com has put together a free, 31-page "Mobile Device Management Deep Dive" PDF special report that explains the innate security capabilities of the key mobile platforms (iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone ), surveys the major mobile device management vendors' main areas of focus, explains the notions of applications management, and explains how to embrace the "bring your own device" movement without compromising enterprise needs, and provides a set of recommended policies to use as a starting point for creating your own.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Survey Report: Mobile Content Security and Productivity Read this report to learn how important mobile access is to users, how likely they are to by-pass authorized systems, how compliant current...
- Enterprise Mobility Management: A Data Security Checklist This document presents a checklist of features organizations should review when evaluating a data security solution as part of an enterprise mobility management...
- BYOD File Sharing - Go Private Cloud to Mitigate Data Risks Read this whitepaper to learn the security risks associated with not having an IT endorsed file sharing solution, and why your organization should...
- Mobile Device Management Buyers Guide Mobile device management (MDM) solutions allow IT organizations to centrally manage, monitor and support mobile devices. In this guide, you'll learn what you...
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Mobile Security White Papers | Webcasts