Mobile management: InfoWorld's expert guide
iPhones, iPads, BlackBerrys, Androids -- learn how to secure whatever smartphones and tablets your employees have
Infoworld - More and more executives and CIOs have realized that mobile has moved beyond a messaging platform to a multifaceted platform for application, Web, and messaging usage -- which means they're bringing in new generations of devices from Apple, Google's partners, and others. And now iPads are charging into businesses, with interest now rising in Android tablets.
For IT, that means a whole new world to manage. Different devices have very different capabilities for security and remote management, and the email platform you use also affects how you can secure and manage the mobile devices you let into your organization. Even though Apple has added significant management capabilities to its iOS, IT can't just say thanks and call it a day -- there's significant work to be done in determining the appropriate security and management policies, then figuring out how to deploy and enforce them in the new heterogenous world of mobile devices.
To help IT do that, InfoWorld.com has put together a free, 31-page "Mobile Device Management Deep Dive" PDF special report that explains the innate security capabilities of the key mobile platforms (iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone ), surveys the major mobile device management vendors' main areas of focus, explains the notions of applications management, and explains how to embrace the "bring your own device" movement without compromising enterprise needs, and provides a set of recommended policies to use as a starting point for creating your own.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- The Ten Commandments of Bring Your Own Device The Ten Commandments of BYOD show you how to create a peaceful, secure, and productive mobile environment.
- Mobile Device Management Policy Best Practices This white paper explores ten policy best-practices for secure and compliant enterprise mobility.
- The ABCs of Mobile Device Management Check out our "ABC's of Mobile Device Management" e-book to learn about Android fragmentation, BYOD, the Cloud and more. Download it today!
- Mobile Data Security: Finding the Balance Bring Your Own Device has changed the rules for corporate security on smartphones and tablets. Companies need to find the right balance in...
- Mobile Security within the SMB: A Rising Trend In a 3 minute video, IDC Research discusses mobility trends impacting small-to-midsize businesses warranting the need for mobile security solutions.
- Accelerate your innovation with IBM Bluemix™ Join us for a webcast introducing the new IBM BluemixTM. IBM Bluemix (www.bluemix.net) is a developer oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment... All Mobile Security White Papers | Webcasts