Mobile management: InfoWorld's expert guide
iPhones, iPads, BlackBerrys, Androids -- learn how to secure whatever smartphones and tablets your employees have
Infoworld - More and more executives and CIOs have realized that mobile has moved beyond a messaging platform to a multifaceted platform for application, Web, and messaging usage -- which means they're bringing in new generations of devices from Apple, Google's partners, and others. And now iPads are charging into businesses, with interest now rising in Android tablets.
For IT, that means a whole new world to manage. Different devices have very different capabilities for security and remote management, and the email platform you use also affects how you can secure and manage the mobile devices you let into your organization. Even though Apple has added significant management capabilities to its iOS, IT can't just say thanks and call it a day -- there's significant work to be done in determining the appropriate security and management policies, then figuring out how to deploy and enforce them in the new heterogenous world of mobile devices.
To help IT do that, InfoWorld.com has put together a free, 31-page "Mobile Device Management Deep Dive" PDF special report that explains the innate security capabilities of the key mobile platforms (iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone ), surveys the major mobile device management vendors' main areas of focus, explains the notions of applications management, and explains how to embrace the "bring your own device" movement without compromising enterprise needs, and provides a set of recommended policies to use as a starting point for creating your own.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Pragmatic Endpoint Management: Empowering an SMB Workforce in the Age of Mobility Lacking the time for proper training and education, SMB administrators often resort to taking shortcuts to keep their environment running.This paper discusses the...
- Improve Your Mobile Application Security with IBM Worklight IBM® Worklight helps organizations extend their business across multiple mobile devices. It provides an open, comprehensive and advanced mobile application platform to help...
- Top 3 Iron-Clad Reasons Why File Sync/Share is Not Endpoint Backup Employees unknowingly create corporate data security risks by adopting these easy-to-use, personal applications. Read this executive brief to learn more.
- Security Technologies for Mobile and BYOD With so many security technologies available, how do you sort through the options and pick the solutions that will really work for your...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All Mobile Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!