How to Keep Cloud-Based Data Safe
CIO - With about 1,000 employees and more than $8 billion in home sales since 2006, online real-estate brokerage Redfin has a lot to lose if its cloud-based applications fail.
[Related: More CIO.com Cloud Computing Coverage]
So Eric Hollenbeck, senior manager of IT and business services, decided not to rely solely on the redundancies touted by cloud providers. Instead, he deployed Spanning Backup early last year to ensure that critical documents on Google Drive could always be accessed and re-created.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Client Management Tools The client management tool market is maturing and evolving to adapt to consumerization, desktop virtualization, and an ongoing need to improve efficiency.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All Desktop Apps White Papers | Webcasts