Nokia adds new camera app for low-end Lumia phones
Cheaper Lumias get same Camera app used in high-end Nokia smartphones
IDG News Service - Nokia has released a beta version of its Camera app that will add more advanced features to smartphones like the Lumia 520 and the Lumia 720.
With products such as the Lumia 1020 and its 41-megapixel sensor, Nokia has this year pushed its cameras as the main reason why users should buy one of its high-end devices. The company is now looking to make some software features on those smartphones available on its cheaper models, first via a beta version that's now available for download.
The Camera app was originally announced in October and combines all the features of the Pro Cam application with some features from the Smart Cam app. In addition to the Lumia 1020, the app is now also available for the Lumia 925 and 1520. It allows users, for example, to swap the face of someone with their eyes closed in a group photo with a version of the image in which the person has their eyes open. It does this by taking 10 pictures in rapid succession.
Initially, the beta will work the same way as the existing version. The first phase of the beta is to make sure it works the same way across the product range. But over time, new features will be tested and eventually added to the stable, non-Beta version through the normal Store update process, Nokia said in a blog post Monday.
This is the complete list of smartphones that will be compatible with the app: Lumia 520, 521, 620, 625, 720, 810, 820, and 822. A final version is expected to arrive in the beginning of next year. Nokia asks users that download the app to be patient, because as with any beta software, it might be unstable and users may be affected by various problems, it said.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Simplify and Consolidate Data Protection for Better Business Results Learn about IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager Operations Center, which provides advanced visualization, built-in analytics and integrated workflow automation features that leapfrog traditional backup...
- HP HAVEn: See the big picture in Big Data HP HAVEn is the industry's first comprehensive, scalable, open, and secure platform for Big Data. Enterprises are drowning in a sea of data...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All Smartphones White Papers | Webcasts