Network World - Mobile device management tools make sense when you are trying to control who can access your enterprise network and applications from particular phones and tablets. But to effectively evaluate these products, you should first identify what you're trying to control: the apps on particular devices, the pairing of a user with his device, the device itself, or the files on each device.
We looked at six products: AirWatch, Apperian EASE, BlackBerry Enterprise Server 10 (BES10), Divide, Fixmo, and Good Technology's Good for Enterprise. A Each has a somewhat different perspective and different strengths in terms of what it can control best. (Watch the slideshow version.)
All support Android and iOS devices, and some also support BlackBerries, Windows Phones, and even (in the case of AirWatch) desktops. Pricing varied between $20 to $75 per user or per device per year, and will depend on the particular features, with quantity discounts typically available. The most transparent pricing schemes came from AirWatch and BlackBerry. We wish others would follow their lead.
Already an Insider? Sign in
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Next Wave in Wireless Emerging 802.11ac standard promises a significant boost in performance to support ubiquitous mobility.
- Case Study: Murphy USA Gains Application Visibility Without Agents Murphy USA has more than 700 stores that share a 10Mbps VSAT link. So when something goes wrong with their applications, it's the...
- 25 Business Phone Service Features Your Business Can't Do Without How many features does your business really need in a phone system? Which are worth paying for, and which are over-hyped? Learn how...
- The Great Video Conferencing Debate: Cost Vs. Quality With new video conferencing solutions available for small and medium businesses, it is possible to have a higher standard of video conferencing without...
On-Demand Webcast: 7 Reasons to Choose VoIP
Thinking about a new phone system for your business?
Be sure to watch this informative webcast. Steve Strauss, small business columnist for USA...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Wireless Networking White Papers | Webcasts