GE Healthcare CTO Says IT Needs to Embrace Mobile, Cloud to Remain Relevant
CIO - Nevin Zimmermann has a lot on his plate right now -- mobile, cloud, big data, running hosted solutions for a couple hundred major customers. Oh, and don't forget helping GE Healthcare capture new global business opportunities -- especially in emerging markets -- and navigating the dramatic changes reshaping the healthcare industry everywhere.
Zimmermann, chief technology officer, IT & Process Excellence for GE Healthcare, joined the GE family in 1999 and earlier served in a couple of CIO roles for the global giant. In this installment of the IDG Enterprise CIO Interview Series, Zimmermann spoke with Chief Content Officer John Gallant about how his team is evolving to realize the promise of mobility and why cloud is taking on such a vital role in his IT strategy (hint: that big data thing is a big driver).
Zimmermann also talked about why it's so important for CIOs to embrace the massive changes taking place in technology today and how those changes -- far from diminishing IT -- are creating new opportunities for collaboration and engagement with the business.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
Changing the Way Government Works: Four Technology Trends that Drive Down Costs and Increase Productivity
This paper discusses four technology-based approaches to improving processes and increasing
productivity while driving down department and agency costs.
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All IT Industry White Papers | Webcasts